Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Welcome Pack question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

Hey, on the welcome pack. I know it says 40 channels. Was wondering if History, Discovery, Ewtn, Fox News or CNN ESPN 1 and 2 was included in the package. Now that are sports is winding down for football am not watching that much tv. Plus we get Me-tv as a subchannel so am watching that more. If i like that package can I also switch back any time or am i locked in. Thanks for your help Max. Hope this makes sense.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

http://www.dishnetwo...elcomepack.aspx

Here is what is included in the package. To switch to the Welcome Pack I believe you have to be out of your contract to be eligible. If you are out of contract you can switch between it and any other package easily.

#3 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

ok thanks, I think i may just drop down to 120 for now at least i would have the channels above mentioned. Its good to know we have options.

#4 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Welcome Pack counts for commitments.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#5 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

Ok, thanks I am going to go with 120 for now. there just isn't much on tv right now for us anyway. I realize i wont have Sirius music but that's why i have the I phone and I pad and can stream on line with speaker. Plus i can watch the Big 10 on I pad. Thx Max.

#6 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

Welcome Pack counts for commitments.

Dish Family, Dish Latino Classico, and Dish America are the bare minimum qualifing programming packages. Unless it has been changed, Welcome pack isn't a qualifing package.

#7 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

One more stupid question. If i drop down to the 120 package can i change it back to the 250 at anytime. I am pretty sure i can i havent made the switch yet.

#8 OFFLINE   retiredTech

retiredTech

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

you can upgrade anytime

#9 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ok, thanks I am going to go with 120 pack that's more than enough channels for now since we now have Metv as a subchannel.

#10 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

What are the restrictions on this package? If it doesn't count for commitments I assume you can't drop to it while in one, and would have to move up to another package if you take a new upgrade offer. Price? Can you add HD? BBMP? multi-sport RSNs? Other a la carte packs?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#11 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

What are the restrictions on this package?

none. You can drop down to WP even in commitment
No HD can be added except for add on options

If it doesn't count for commitments I assume you can't drop to it while in one, and would have to move up to another package if you take a new upgrade offer.

you can move between packages with no issues. You do need 30 days between changes

Price?

Can you add HD?

You can't add any HD. You do get HD on the freeview channels and if you add a alacarte item that has HD yes you get those in HD too. But you wont get the WP channels in HD

BBMP?

yes

multi-sport RSNs?

no. Need AT120+ or Dish Silver to add that

Other a la carte packs?

http://www.dishnetwo...r/customer.aspx
along with premium movies and the adult channels

#12 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

The phrase "Minimum Qualifing Programming" in regards to new customer promotions means, the minimum programming needed to maintain all the benifits of the promotion the customer signed up under. For instance, A customer could drop to the Welcome pack during the 1st year of service but by doing so, would forfeit all future programming discounts and freebies he would otherwise received. The 3 programming packages I listed earlier are the lowest you can go and still receive all of the promotional benifits.

#13 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

The EKB now has a page for this package, http://www.dishuser....welcomepack.php
I tried to reconcile some of the conflicting views, but am not really confident is trying to describe Dish's business rules based on observation. I'd appreciate an audit of the page, and it would also be nice to have a DIRT member weigh in on who can get the package and the possible downside.
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01

#14 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

The EKB now has a page for this package, http://www.dishuser....welcomepack.php
I tried to reconcile some of the conflicting views, but am not really confident is trying to describe Dish's business rules based on observation. I'd appreciate an audit of the page, and it would also be nice to have a DIRT member weigh in on who can get the package and the possible downside.

The Welcome Package is currently available to all DISH Network subscribers.

Those customers in a commitment are disclosed. "You must maintain a minimum of DISH America, Dish Family, Latino Basico or any qualifying International Package."

Beyond this, DISH Network will review on a case by case basis and determine what offers can be extended to each customer.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#15 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Mary, page updated.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...