Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Motorhome & Antenna

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFreshwater Bay Washington

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

We have a motorhome with the Front Cap that is constructed out of fiberglass. Normally we have the little antenna puck sitting on the dash, and if heading south get fair to middling reception. Going north it is essentially Kaput. I do NOT want to drill any more holes in the roof, don't want to chance water leakage. On another site somebody mentioned that you can mount the antenna puck up near the ceiling (on the inside!!!) and get good reception since fiberglass doesn't block the signal. Is it true (I Hope -- No Holes)????? :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

I've heard the same thing about good reception through the fiberglass. There are also Truck antennas (mirror mounts and other brackets) you might want to look at.

XM Truck antennas

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

I actually get great reception through the wall of my garage. It's a wall with no drywall or insulation and I get full signal. I would think fiberglass would not be a problem.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#4 OFFLINE   jamelar

jamelar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

I have a Sirius radio I use in a Jeep with a fiberglass hard top. The antenna is up against the ceiling on the inside of the jeep and works fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

I actually get great reception through the wall of my garage. It's a wall with no drywall or insulation and I get full signal. I would think fiberglass would not be a problem.

Mike

How much does a unit cost?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...