Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22-100 Initial Release version 18A: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   BJM

BJM

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

When the guide is displayed, "skip to tick" has only worked occasionally for me to advance the guide 24 hours. ("replay" works fine to go back 24 hours.)
THR-22 (3/2012 - DirecTiVo) | 720p Pillar Box
HDMI to Panasonic 32" LCD | No OTA
Network: Mac OS 10.7.3 <-> Belkin router <-> WGA600N wireless adapter
Live TV rarely, trickplay often (esp. 30sec slip) | ~ 30 shows in Season Pass
DirecTV since 12/2004
[previous HR20-700 12/2006-3/2012]
[retired: TiVo Series 1 (!), 150+ hrs., 1/2000-1/2007]
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto DMA

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

When the guide is displayed, "skip to tick" has only worked occasionally for me to advance the guide 24 hours. ("replay" works fine to go back 24 hours.)

Still on 018a of got latest 018c version ?

#103 OFFLINE   BJM

BJM

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

I think it's 18a. Is there a way to "force" 18c or we just wait, Paul?
THR-22 (3/2012 - DirecTiVo) | 720p Pillar Box
HDMI to Panasonic 32" LCD | No OTA
Network: Mac OS 10.7.3 <-> Belkin router <-> WGA600N wireless adapter
Live TV rarely, trickplay often (esp. 30sec slip) | ~ 30 shows in Season Pass
DirecTV since 12/2004
[previous HR20-700 12/2006-3/2012]
[retired: TiVo Series 1 (!), 150+ hrs., 1/2000-1/2007]
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto DMA

#104 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

That would be sacred theme ... Check CE forum.

#105 OFFLINE   BAMCAT

BAMCAT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Has anyone heard anymore info on the upcoming software update as mentioned in the past posts?

#106 OFFLINE   SpewHole

SpewHole

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Has anyone heard anymore info on the upcoming software update as mentioned in the past posts?

Nothing, but I can report that 018A is still the current version (in the NY market, at least).

I had to initiate a software update after reaching the "pink" screen (of death?) three separate times. It started with the box reporting the guide was updating and would be complete in 1-2, but other symptoms included repetitive restarting (x4 then pink screen last night), lagging menu screens with slow-to-load background artwork, sporadically non-functioning 30 minute buffer, irresponsiveness to remote, and poor playback of recorded programs, including repetive blips and freezing of video as if processor was too busy. My best guess is that corrupted program guide data (downloaded during inclement weather) caused some kind of timing-out error.

Going into standby and restarting the box helped to some degree, especially with restoring the guide data, but the other issues became prevalent and began to recur frequently, necessitating a software reinstall. When I processed the update, it downloaded 018A and reinstalled it over the old corrupted software. I did not note the software ID, so I'm not sure if that changed nor if it's relevant.

Interestingly, the other non-Tivo HD boxes in my home have also had recent software glitches. One last night at the same time as the Tivo, and the other a few days earlier. Has anyone else experienced any freezing/glitches in the past couple of days?

#107 OFFLINE   ragmopp

ragmopp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

As I just got the thr22 a couple of days ago, I am bringing up an issue that was discussed earlier in this thread. That is, if I use the IR function on the remote, at times it simply doesn't work. I realize the 'quick' fix for this is to change it to RF (as mentioned earlier). That, unfortunately, won't work for me, as I use a Harmony One remote and it only uses IR. It apparently is not the fault of the remote itself as the failure also occurs on my Harmony One. Also, I doubt if any interferance is coming from anything in the room.
So, I wonder if I should report this to D*?

#108 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

As I just got the thr22 a couple of days ago, I am bringing up an issue that was discussed earlier in this thread. That is, if I use the IR function on the remote, at times it simply doesn't work. I realize the 'quick' fix for this is to change it to RF (as mentioned earlier). That, unfortunately, won't work for me, as I use a Harmony One remote and it only uses IR. It apparently is not the fault of the remote itself as the failure also occurs on my Harmony One. Also, I doubt if any interferance is coming from anything in the room.

Check if your box's operating system is busy with other tasks.

#109 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

If you have an LCD TV with backlight, the interference is probably coming from the backlight power supply. Since you are using a Harmony, therefore RF isn't an easy option, try turning the backlight sensitivity control down. Or change the position of the DVR in relation to the TV. Or put a piece of blue painter's tape over the IR sensor on your DVR (yes, it does work!).

#110 OFFLINE   ragmopp

ragmopp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the replies.

As to whether the Tivo is busy I really don't know. It has been 5 days since it was installed and you would think all the housekeeping has been completed. If it makes any difference I have turned off suggestions. I do notice that the hard drive is busy clunking away, it seems all the time though...

As to the backlighting I hava a Samsung and it was already set at 4. I tried moving down to 3 but it was kinda dark. I guess I will have to try the blue painters tape (my wife will just LOVE that). By the way why the tape?

#111 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

.... By the way why the tape?

It can help filter the infrared interference that's messing up the remote's IR signals.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#112 OFFLINE   ragmopp

ragmopp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

It can help filter the infrared interference that's messing up the remote's IR signals.

Well...I put the tape on and so far it works. I just love this low tech solution! Not necessarily pretty but it works. Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...