Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22 Asked and Answered thread

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

Will there be a manual available in PDF format?

Eventually, yes. All I have now is a printed one.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   docawkward

docawkward

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

On the current Directv HRs, you can do a search for "30SKIP", keyword, All , Done, and it will just skip the 30 seconds, not do the default slip (the showing segments of the commercial thing).

Wow, thank you so much. Sorry that my prior searches hadn't discovered this.

#63 OFFLINE   bodosom

bodosom

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know why DIRECTV CINEMA isn't available. And shouldn't it be on the list of not included features?

#64 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

That list isn't complete, unfortunately.

#65 OFFLINE   Marlbs

Marlbs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

I have waited so long for the new HD Tivo only to now be told that I have to wait till some point after the first of the year to have a shot at getting one.

What I don't understand is why those of us with the SD Tivo who have been asking to upgrade are not first on the list to upgrade.

Very unhappy that once again DirecTV is going to make me wait and still can't tell me when I will be able to get it.

#66 OFFLINE   bodosom

bodosom

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

That list isn't complete, unfortunately.

So why isn't DIRECTV CINEMA available?

#67 OFFLINE   rodnig1

rodnig1

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

I have waited so long for the new HD Tivo only to now be told that I have to wait till some point after the first of the year to have a shot at getting one.

What I don't understand is why those of us with the SD Tivo who have been asking to upgrade are not first on the list to upgrade.

Very unhappy that once again DirecTV is going to make me wait and still can't tell me when I will be able to get it.

agreed!!! they had been trying for years to get me to upgrade my dvr-80 and my hr10-250.... now im last in line!!?!?

but... since i am a tivo subscriber, i am "grandfathered" in so i dont have to pay the extra fee that they are imposing

Edited by rodnig1, 08 December 2011 - 01:25 PM.
misspelling

#68 OFFLINE   stephen431

stephen431

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know why DIRECTV CINEMA isn't available. And shouldn't it be on the list of not included features?

DirecTV Cinema is listed as a supported item on the press release at the beginning of this thread, and the email I just got from TiVo.

#69 OFFLINE   Rick73tii

Rick73tii

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Do you know if the IR control codes for the THR22-100 will be the same as TIVO non-DirecTv control codes? I have a Control4 video distribution system for our house and want to swap out my current non-TIVO DirecTv box for the new THR22-100. The Control4 system requires IR codes to map to its remotes. I have the existing codes working with TIVO boxes running with cable cards. I am hoping the same TIVO IR codes will work with the THR22-100. THought? Tks.

#70 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

agreed!!! they had been trying for years to get me to upgrade my dvr-80 and my hr10-250.... now im last in line!!?!?

but... since i am a tivo subscriber, i am "grandfathered" in so i dont have to pay the extra fee that they are imposing

There are old TiVo subs in their test markets too I am sure. Role it out slowly, so you can see what demand really is going to be and then you don't need to worry about more being order than you have.

And if you have free dvr services that's great, you will only have to pay the TiVo fee then. Both are required, and I haven't seen anyone say they wave them both, and in fact I believe getting rid of that ability so tivo can make more money is one part of the reason they added the TiVo fee in the first place.

#71 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Do you know if the IR control codes for the THR22-100 will be the same as TIVO non-DirecTv control codes? I have a Control4 video distribution system for our house and want to swap out my current non-TIVO DirecTv box for the new THR22-100. The Control4 system requires IR codes to map to its remotes. I have the existing codes working with TIVO boxes running with cable cards. I am hoping the same TIVO IR codes will work with the THR22-100. THought? Tks.

Both the DirecTV remote and the new TiVo remote are interchangeable, so probably. It is possible they will use different codes than a directv receiver, but somehow I doubt it. You will likely need to reprogram your system, but don't know for sure.

#72 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

So why isn't DIRECTV CINEMA available?

Now to be clear, I think some On Demand content is available, but not the movies that are pre-delivered to your hard drive, the ones that show up with a checkmark in a green circle.

I'm going to look into this, but if that's true then it would be, because TiVo's aren't set up to store that stuff.

#73 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Will the External drive work the same way on the THR22, as a replacement for the internal drive or in addition to the existing drive ?

Edited by naijai, 08 December 2011 - 03:14 PM.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#74 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Will the External drive work the same way on the THR22, as a replacement for the internal drive or in addition to the existing drive ?

I would expect so. It's been said that's a hardware thing, not a software thing on the current hr2xs

#75 OFFLINE   blll000093

blll000093

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Here's what I know so far:

The TiVo User Interface will be on an otherwise stock HR22-100. If you have an HR22-100, you will not be able to upgrade it yourself.

There will be TiVo Suggestions, Wishlist Recording and Swivel Search. Swivel Search will only work if the DVR is connected to the internet.

There will be a Peanut Remote but it is specific to the THR22. The White DIRECTV remote will also operate the THR22.

There is a Deleted Items folder, and more than 50 season passes.

There will be support for Music and Photos if your DVR is connected to your LAN. There is an app you can download at TiVo.com for this.

The interactive channels like ACTIVE and the Scoreguide will work.

There are two 30-minute buffers.

eSATA works.

DBSTalk will not be participating in pre-release testing (CE.)

Scheduling via directv.com will work. Scheduling through the DIRECTV app "might" work, I'm not sure.

What isn't supported:
TVApps
Youtube
Netflix
Pandora
3D
GameSearch
DIRECTV2PC
Nomad
Whole-Home
TiVo KidZone
Picture-in-Graphics (PIG)
Front-panel dimming
DIRECTV App for iPad

Pricing:
$199 to lease
Monthly TiVo Service $5 plus $7 mirroring charge
HD Access must be on the account

If you paid for Lifetime TiVo service you can swap the old TiVo receiver without incurring the $5/month TiVo service fee.

Wish this was based on the Tivo ELITE platform---

Needs a PIG guide

Needs 2 buffers of longer time - at least 1 hour for each buffer

Needs TiVo KidZone

-----Below features that is good that are not supported
TVApps
Youtube
Netflix
Pandora
3D
GameSearch
DIRECTV2PC
Nomad
Whole-Home

Will the DIRECTV allow us to change series links online ?

#76 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Wish this was based on the Tivo ELITE platform---

Needs a PIG guide

Needs 2 buffers of longer time - at least 1 hour for each buffer

Needs TiVo KidZone

-----Below features that is good that are not supported
TVApps
Youtube
Netflix
Pandora
3D
GameSearch
DIRECTV2PC
Nomad
Whole-Home

Will the DIRECTV allow us to change series links online ?

This new TiVo is based on the old directv TiVo platform, so the software will have the general look and feel of that. You won't have any real ability to do anything other than schedule a recording, which all units can do, online.

#77 OFFLINE   blll000093

blll000093

• Banned User
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Right. The regular DVR, mirroring, and HD access fees apply; just add the additional $5 "TiVo Tax."

that "tax" is per account not per Tivo DVR ?

so no matter of you have 1 2 3 4 HD TIVOS on your account - you still only pay 5 per account + the 7 dollar per account dvr fee ?

#78 OFFLINE   blll000093

blll000093

• Banned User
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Will this have an 1080p / HD guide ?

#79 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,734 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

Will this have an 1080p / HD guide ?

Nope

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#80 OFFLINE   blll000093

blll000093

• Banned User
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

I can confirm that KidZone is not part of the THR22. Not from my own eyes but from a very reliable source.

IF no KidsZone then what is that 4th icon feature that is touching the picture of the reciver at this link called ? http://www.directv.c...y/tivo_receiver

spam firewall