Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22 Asked and Answered thread

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   blll000093

blll000093

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nope

Thanks for nothing then DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#82 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

Under Suspicion

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

IF no KidsZone then what is that 4th icon feature that is touching the picture of the reciver at this link called ? http://www.directv.c...y/tivo_receiver

Most likely an error.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

#83 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

IF no KidsZone then what is that 4th icon feature that is touching the picture of the reciver at this link called ? http://www.directv.c...y/tivo_receiver

Parental controls.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#84 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for nothing then DIRECTV

You mean Tivo.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#85 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

Under Suspicion

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Parental controls.

Oops, forgot they were separate :) You're correct.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA

#86 OFFLINE   MrDad0330

MrDad0330

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Do you think "D" would consider adding Whole Home at some point? I would like to try a new Tivo BUT I love my Deca Whole Home and we use it extensivey on every receiver. Unless the D-Tivo can join my Deca cloud family, it wont be showing up in my home but I can always wish.

#87 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I have a few questions.

Can the new Tivo output both HDMI and Component at the same time? I know the older HR10-250 couldn't do that. Not looking for it to output different pictures, just want my Slingbox to work.

Does the channel selection actually work? On the old Tivos, if you told it that you didn't get a channel, it wouldn't try to record from that channel. IOW, a wishlist for a local baseball team wouldn't try to record from other regional sports networks. Sure, Game Search helps with this on the current DTV boxes, but it's not perfect.

In line with the above comment, what about the old problem that Tivo had where every week the Sunday Ticket channels would get added back into the channels you received, basically breaking sports wish lists.

#88 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

They are not different.

The DIRECTV DVR Lifetime Service - $0.00 that appears on my bill was originally DirecTiVo Lifetime service. Over time it progressed from DirecTiVo only (all DirecTV had for DVRs at first) to all DVRs, whether DirecTiVo or HR-xx.

What he was talking about is different.

At the beginning DIRECTV sold the TiVo for life and then realised that it would include every dvr fee, non TiVo's, so they stopped.

Then later on there was a national offer for customers to get free dvr service, no longer selling TiVo, for life.

Two different promotions.

Again the lifetime TiVo service did not require someone to keep a TiVo active.

#89 OFFLINE   Sleeper

Sleeper

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Pricing:
$199 to lease
Monthly TiVo Service $5 plus $7 mirroring charge
HD Access must be on the account

What's the $7 mirroring charge? Is that the standard "extra receiver" charge?

Previously, Tivo service was (and still is) included in the Premier package. Do you know if this is still the case?

TIA

#90 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

Question: I have never had TIVO nor do I know a whole lot about it other than from these very helpful forums BUT does the TIVO need to be connected to the phone line constantly? or connected to the internet constantly?

And second question: I can connect this myself? switch my hr22 for the TIVO?

Thanks
Panasonic TCP58VT25
HR22/100
Yamaha RX-A800
Definitive Research Pro 1000/2000 Center channel
SVS Sub
Panasonic 3D /Bluray player
PS3/Xbox/Wii

#91 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,270 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

What's the $7 mirroring charge? Is that the standard "extra receiver" charge?

Previously, Tivo service was (and still is) included in the Premier package. Do you know if this is still the case?

TIA

Yes, that's the mirroring fee.

No, no dvr service is included in premier anymore, hasn't been for a while.

#92 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,270 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

Looks like the DirecTV cinema that TiVo can't do is the pushed movies via sat. Bt if those movies are also available via on demand, then it doesn't matter, so this is really only an issue if you aren't going to hook it up to the Internet.

#93 OFFLINE   cocofalco

cocofalco

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

I came to DTV after being a Tivo Stand-alone (w) Comcast subscriber - does the program guide use the data from Tivo or DTV. Specifically I'm looking for the episode number info. Maybe you could post a screen shot of the episode info screens.

#94 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

How does FF look? Is it smooth, like the old DirecTivo with MPEG2, or is it choppy like the HRxx receivers, which many have blamed on the MPEG4 encoding?

#95 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

The stand alone TiVos allow the guide to overlay a recording during playback. That is something the HR10 could not do. Can The THR22 display the guide over a recording?

Ultimate plus movie channels

One Genie

Two HR21P

#96 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

One other question. Is an SWM required or will it work with the older multi-switches.

#97 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

I came to DTV after being a Tivo Stand-alone (w) Comcast subscriber - does the program guide use the data from Tivo or DTV. Specifically I'm looking for the episode number info. Maybe you could post a screen shot of the episode info screens.

The guide data comes from DIRECTV. I'll be sure to include an episode info screen in the first look.

How does FF look? Is it smooth, like the old DirecTivo with MPEG2, or is it choppy like the HRxx receivers, which many have blamed on the MPEG4 encoding?

Looked about the same as an HR21 to me, not smooth like MPEG2. I'll play some more and try.

The stand alone TiVos allow the guide to overlay a recording during playback. That is something the HR10 could not do. Can The THR22 display the guide over a recording?

Another one for me to try tonight.

One other question. Is an SWM required or will it work with the older multi-switches.

I am pretty sure it will work with a legacy setup.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#98 OFFLINE   per_dap

per_dap

• Banned User
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

The guide data comes from DIRECTV. I'll be sure to include an episode info screen in the first look.

Looked about the same as an HR21 to me, not smooth like MPEG2. I'll play some more and try.

Another one for me to try tonight.

I am pretty sure it will work with a legacy setup.

great no glow in dark, thanks for nothing DirecTV - and posting multiple times about facts is not spamming, stop willfully lying and erasing cold hard facts about who decided what for this reciever.

#99 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

Under Suspicion

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

great no glow in dark, (truncated)

What do you mean? If you're referring to the ring LEDs, I can assure you they're quite bright and on constantly.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA

#100 OFFLINE   per_dap

per_dap

• Banned User
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

What do you mean? If you're referring to the ring LEDs, I can assure you they're quite bright and on constantly.

the remote

Protected By... spam firewall...And...