Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony 0ne / 900 Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Has anyone figured out a way to have the remote not turn off items that are not being used when switching from one activity to the other?? An example would be if I'm watching TV and that setup uses my TV, AVR, and Dish DVR. I want to start listening to music via my iPod but only in zone two, but when I start that activity it automatically turns off my TV and zone 1 of my AVR because they are not used in the Listen to Zone 2 iPod activity. I could add them to that activity but I don't want my TV and AVR on every time I listen to music in zone 2. I have some other examples but I've been unable to figure out a good way to overlap activities.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Edit: I don't get what you are trying to do.

Set up another activity that leaves all of these things on? I'm guessing zone 1 and zone 2 are in different rooms? My son has an activity to listen to music with the TV off and another activity that leaves the TV on but switches audio to music. He can watch baseball but listen to music if he wants to.

Edited by dualsub2006, 01 December 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#3 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to have the remote not turn off items that are not being used when switching from one activity to the other?? An example would be if I'm watching TV and that setup uses my TV, AVR, and Dish DVR. I want to start listening to music via my iPod but only in zone two, but when I start that activity it automatically turns off my TV and zone 1 of my AVR because they are not used in the Listen to Zone 2 iPod activity. I could add them to that activity but I don't want my TV and AVR on every time I listen to music in zone 2. I have some other examples but I've been unable to figure out a good way to overlap activities.

I'm at work so I don't have the Harmony interface here to refer to but it is a selection option when you set up an activity to have it turn off the current components (as required).

What you want is possible though I've not done it and its like right up front in creating the activity as I recall.

It takes "forever" to learn and set up those remotes to be exactly what you want:) But you CAN!:) After more than a year I'm finally dialing in one of my Ones to exactly match how I want it set up. Even the default button set up ordering on most devices needs reorganization to be quickly useful.

Don "cool but takes some thought and time" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#4 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

I'm at work so I don't have the Harmony interface here to refer to but it is a selection option when you set up an activity to have it turn off the current components (as required).

What you want is possible though I've not done it and its like right up front in creating the activity as I recall.

It takes "forever" to learn and set up those remotes to be exactly what you want:) But you CAN!:) After more than a year I'm finally dialing in one of my Ones to exactly match how I want it set up. Even the default button set up ordering on most devices needs reorganization to be quickly useful.

Don "cool but takes some thought and time" Bolton

Well - DUH!!! How in the world did I miss that!?!?! :bonk1:

#5 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Well - DUH!!! How in the world did I miss that!?!?! :bonk1:

lt is easy to miss especially since most of the time the default is preferred.

Don "when all else fails, take your brain out and watch the GUI" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

spam firewall