Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Input to tuner 1 or tuner 2

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

Steve - you need to be very specific about what is hooked up to what. A "splitter" that would work fine for OTA / RF distribution will not work on the LNB cable.

A lot of the connections are Greek to me. There have been three DISH technicians to my house in the past month or so and they all say the connections are normal and good.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

#22 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

This is a pic of the back of the receiver.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-12-09_07-31-12_687.jpg

Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

#23 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

OK, they did the antenna relocation trick, but also left one at the receiver too. Haven't seen it done like that before, but the connections look fine.

Also, just FYI - the blue one is a diplexer, the silver one is a separator, and the two red ones are actual splitters. I know they all look the same, but all 3 have very different functions.

#24 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

This is the first of any mention of an OTA antenna being in the mix. Disconnect it and see what happens.
I believe you said it has changed from being on one tuner, to being on both now, but in short bursts. There is some connection that is either not connected properly causing a ground problem, and could be the antenna.

And you still did not say if you followed what I said to do, switch the inputs and see what happens, also, with the new information, only put one input on at a time and see how that affects it.

#25 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

This is the first of any mention of an OTA antenna being in the mix. Disconnect it and see what happens.
I believe you said it has changed from being on one tuner, to being on both now, but in short bursts. There is some connection that is either not connected properly causing a ground problem, and could be the antenna.

And you still did not say if you followed what I said to do, switch the inputs and see what happens, also, with the new information, only put one input on at a time and see how that affects it.

All your suggestions were tried when the new receiver and separator was put in.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...