Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,353 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Let's just go ahead and do this. How do you want to arrange this?

Jim

I would suggest using the PM feature here [left click on the member's user name] instead of this thread.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I would suggest using the PM feature here [left click on the member's user name] instead of this thread.

I deleted the message and will do that.

#23 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I do have one additional question on MRV

I will have the hr 34, 3 hr 20 and 1 hr 22. I will have a swim 16 installed and 4 deca's. I also see others talking about BBDECA, not exactly sure what that is or if it is needed for my configuration? Also, we have been talking about the CCK, which I will get.

So my question is is there anything else I will need to get this connected?

Thanks

Jim

Broad Band Deca adapter.....I plug my wireless game adapter into it to introduce "internet" into my Whole Home System.

I was using the Gaming adapter on a single DVR and sharing it with a PS3. Once I went Whole Home I tried sharing the game adapter with the whole home system and the PS3 with a switch, but seemed like my router kept "losing track" of the whole home system (or vice versa).

Now that I see I can get the wireless Cinema Connection Kit for $25 (plus shipping), I may just do that and move the game adapter over so it's only feeding the PS3. After seeing the spec sheet on the CCK, I don't know if I'll need a BBDECA adapter, but who knows. Seems like the PS3 does just fine with it's own wireless streaming HD Netflix content.

DirecTV's website has very little info on the CCK, but Solid Signal has it (for $99) and it's manuals online.

spam firewall