Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

XiP813

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

It could be added to your existing layout if you have two free output from DPP LNBF/switch for Solo Node.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

It could be added to your existing layout if you have two free output from DPP LNBF/switch for Solo Node.

I'm not worried about the dish aspect. I have three masts, two with dishes on them now, on the top of my chimneys. Eventually temp controlled alcoves for any dish(s) I'd need. I could also series DPP44 switches, and keep the dish count down, if that will work? Part of the questions I have. It's integrating it into my whole house system. Or is it going to be "snotty" and have to do its own thing and not play well with others (gear)?

I saw only one set of jacks per unit. So there'll be Joey's all over and can they coexist or mesh with existing RF from my modulators? OR put them all in the racks and pipe it out? Addressable remotes for that? ZigBee looks very interesting. See, questions and strange thoughts. Frankenstein didn't have instructions (per sé).

Edited by FarmerBob, 12 January 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

Some notes while looking at BobaBird's pictures at EKB:
- the letter X in new line's name of boxes XiP came from eXtention of DP/DPP technology, what technically means adding IP stack over MoCA 256QAM

Didn't even notice that when I got the shot :P, will have to ask more questions

- full name of the DVR is "Hopper 2000" (I guess it's because of 2000 GB drive size ?)

Could be a trendy number, or a retro nod to first Dish receiver. The idea now is that future models in the line will also be called Hopper, maybe Hopper 3000.

- would EHD running out of eSATA port on back, not USB as previous ViP models?

Scott's early report says we'll be able to use both, booth says eSATA won't be active at launch.

- purpose of second Ethernet post ?

Didn't get a good answer on that.

- where is the games ?
- no one word about AppStore and Apps development

Didn't ask, didn't look.

- no picture of USB Rose Sling Stick.

The what? I've only seen a still shot (I guess that would be the only kind ;) ) paired with the Sling Adapter used with the 722/722k.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#24 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

2nd ethernet port could indicate that it's got a small switch built into it so as to allow passthrough for other devices (aHRM xbox360)

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

2nd ethernet port could indicate that it's got a small switch built into it so as to allow passthrough for other devices (aHRM xbox360)

I'm very skeptical about the 'switch' - a) nothing close to such component(s) on FCC pictures B) ...
Actually, I would bet for the XiP813 retail price - no such switch inside. :)

#26 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

The what? I've only seen a still shot (I guess that would be the only kind ;) ) paired with the Sling Adapter used with the 722/722k.

If you could - stop at Sling booth (I saw they have it) and beat them ;) - the sling_stick is a part of XiP813 possible setup.

#27 OFFLINE   koralis

koralis

Godfather

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

The second ethernet port is there because the motherboard that they're using has it. :)

How many years did the Dish recievers have USB and ethernet ports before there was any real use to it?

#28 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

- purpose of second Ethernet post ?

Hopper stacking for additional Joey's?

#29 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

- no picture of USB Rose Sling Stick.

Chased down the wild goose, turns out it's the familiar Sling Adapter already used by the 722/722k. Sling uses flowers as development code names.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#30 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Let's keep this discussion in the CES Press Release thread from here forward.

http://www.dbstalk.c...311#post2937311

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...