Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wireless (purchased) vs wired (free) CCK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MrsDowFire

MrsDowFire

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Directv came out 2 weeks ago and installed 2 HD DVR's and 2 HD receivers so I have the whole home DVR. I was never offered a CCK and I called directv the next day because of installation problems and the CSR sold me a wireless CCK and shipped it which I paid $25 plus shipping. In the meantime, we had a problem with installation (or I had a problem with the installation as I was not happy - we were with AT&T Uverse which so far I think had directv beat on their whole house dvr) and the installers came back out and installed a wired CCK or is it a Deca that was installed? I'm not sure? My question is do I need both of these or can I send the wireless one I paid for back to Directv? It is not connected and both my dvr's seem to be getting On Demand through the item connected to our router. Are the HD receivers suppose to have access to On Demand as well?

Hopefully I've made sense because I am a novice at this stuff and have to do most of the technical research myself; I just want to make sure that if I send back the wireless unit they shipped me, I'm not going to have to turn around and have reorder because we really do need it.

Any help would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

You don't need the wireless but I doubt D* will want it back or refund you for it either. The hd boxes will not get on demand but after downloading to dvr the show can be shared through whole home.

#3 OFFLINE   MrsDowFire

MrsDowFire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

i called them back and I am able to send back to them and they will refund me the $25 but I wanted to make sure I really don't need it.

Thank you

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

i called them back and I am able to send back to them and they will refund me the $25 but I wanted to make sure I really don't need it.

Thank you

Before you send it back, you might want to check with this member and maybe help each other out:
http://www.dbstalk.c...623#post2911623
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   MrsDowFire

MrsDowFire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

Awesome, thank you for posting the link. I can help someone else out perhaps and get my shipping back if they would want to purchase from me. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...