Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Firrmware L7.22 on the 722 DVR

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   921tiger

921tiger

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

It's getting worse: I got a Christmas morning surprise:

This morning around 8:05 PST, while watching the first few minutes of Alton Brown on "Good Eats" on the Cooking Channel, video on TV2 froze. I was still able to bring up and clear off the program information (INFO button), then the video disappeared, and the entire unit went unresponsive.

When I went downstairs to check the 722, it was, again, completely dark. I pulled the power plug for a minute before plugging it back in and restoring normal operation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

It's typical SW bug(s) symptoms.

#23 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Ditto! My 722 will reboot itself automatically at random times, but not always download the guide leaving me with recordings going on for hours until I manually stop them. Have had to perform 3 hard reboots in the past week just to get the guide info to download. When is this fix coming??

A shortcut to update the EPG... if the EPG short-changes you, advance (use the Skip FWD key) to the last day on your EPG. The 722 should then tell you that the EPG needs updating and give you a one-button option to download a new one. Or at least that's what mine does.:)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#24 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

A shortcut to update the EPG... if the EPG short-changes you, advance (use the Skip FWD key) to the last day on your EPG. The 722 should then tell you that the EPG needs updating and give you a one-button option to download a new one. Or at least that's what mine does.:)

There's also, being on a guide page and inputting 999, then pressing the Right Arrow key. If you are truly due for an update it will give you the option to do so. If not, it'll just take you to the last entry in the EPG.

#25 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Finally today after a short rest for my EHD I reconnected it. Tried last night but it failed, again. Since L722 my EHD has become severely flaky(ier). To the point I don't trust it at all anymore. In addition to constantly disappearing, once unplugged from a DVR it still runs even after, until it is disconnected from the power. Prior to L722, it had it's issues but they were tolerable and although were not conducive to proper drive health, as per the manufacturer (not letting it sleep when not in use), seemed to be somewhat few and far between. But now it's there one minute and then gone the next. Then only after letting it stand a couple of days unplugged from the DVR and power it then works again. So I make it an "event" to use it and plan accordingly until I clear it out and then back to using to on a computer where it belongs. That's unless DISH fixes the way they deal with EHDs . . . ?

#26 OFFLINE   921tiger

921tiger

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

But wait, there's more:

My 722 just did the video freeze/INFO okay/no video bit again. It rebooted by itself.

But get this: it happened at the exact same time: 8:05 a.m. PST

Could there be an alarm event or something that has been inadvertently set? I find it hard to believe that it would go AWOL at exactly the same time.

#27 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

@921tiger, before hang on time coincidence I would check the drive health first; you never know what bad spot the writing process hit.

#28 OFFLINE   921tiger

921tiger

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Is there a diagnostic I can run? I'm running just the internal hard drive, no EHD.

#29 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

If you can get out the drive ... then MHDD or VIctoria

Protected By... spam firewall...And...