Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22 - First Pictures!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Guindalf

Guindalf

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

30 minutes each...

...and the D* buffers are 90 minutes, not 2 hours.
There is no dark side of the moon really - as a matter of fact, it's all dark

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   vaderx

vaderx

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Does the new remote have the 30 second instant skip or the annoying 30 second fast forward skip?

#103 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,993 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Does the new remote have the 30 second instant skip or the annoying 30 second fast forward skip?

I would think (because of DTV proprietary HW) it would be FF 30-sec.

#104 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

Under Suspicion

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

I would think (because of DTV proprietary HW) it would be FF 30-sec.

No, the fast forwarding functions are a feature of the software, and the THR22, by default, does the 30-second skip versus a 'slip' or 'scan'.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

#105 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,993 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Perhaps not just HW as I thought (remember TiVo vs dish case about using Broadcom chip features for processing and do trick modes?) but and FW [SW].

#106 OFFLINE   Fraaaak

Fraaaak

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

So, is this thing worth a damn? I mean does it have the hyper-accurate TIVO program schedules of the past? I remember my old SD D* TIVO back in the day, and it would give me a message if a program start or finish time differed by a minute or two. Does this new tivo box do the same?

#107 OFFLINE   Bartman94

Bartman94

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Too bad the DirecTV TiVo unit isn't compatible with the Whole-Home service, has no 3D capabilities, and only has a 500GB hard drive. TiVo equipment is not expected to make it out of 2012. A large chunk of their revenue in 2011 was earned from patent disputes that settled:

http://www.dailyfina...n-2012/#photo-8

A much better way to go is the DirecTV HR34. It is Whole-Home capable, records up to 5 streams at once, has a 1TB hard drive, is 3D capable, and even has a picture-in-picture function. TiVo used to be the standard 10 years ago... but not any more.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...