Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

learning as I go

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

OK, got a new universal remote with learning and macro capabilities, [ RCA RCRN06gr] and the existing library codes have worked for my devices, and now I'm reading how to add additional button commands [ the print is "micro" making this harder than it has to be] and I've looked at these instructions over and over, and I can not find anything reffering to the colored buttons, so two questions for now,

1 what are the colored buttons used for

2 exactly what is "macros"? does that mean performing 1 function for multiple devices? That is all I can figure out from reading the forum.

thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'm afraid I don't know what color buttons are used for on a Dish receiver. DIRECTV receivers use them for different miscellaneous tasks like bringing up an options menu.

Macros are where the remote does more than one thing in succession like: TV ON, TV to HDMI1, DVR ON, AV Receiver ON.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'm afraid I don't know what color buttons are used for on a Dish receiver. DIRECTV receivers use them for different miscellaneous tasks like bringing up an options menu.

Macros are where the remote does more than one thing in succession like: TV ON, TV to HDMI1, DVR ON, AV Receiver ON.

The colored buttons on the dish remote are non operational.

So on the new RCA universal remote I just bought, the colored buttons can't be assigned a function? They are only used for the coreseponding colored buttons on the Satellite remote?

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Not having precise knowledge of that remote, I don't know if you can map those buttons to something else. I know it's possible on other remotes.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

What Dish receiver do you have?

The 922 actually does use the colored buttons in some menus, but I think it is the only Dish receiver that does.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

The 222k

colored buttons don't respond to anything.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Thanks... I just wanted to be sure. I don't have experience with all Dish receivers, but was pretty sure only the 922 makes limited use of the color buttons.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...