The HD Onscreen Guide will be pushed to:HR20’s, HR21’s, HR21 PRO, HR22’s, HR23’s, HR24’s, R22’s, H21’s, H23’s, H24’s, and H25 (H20’s and non Mpeg 4 receivers are not included)
Why does the HD Onscreen Guide run slower when first down loaded?
During the first 24 to 48 hours, the new HD Onscreen Guide will continue to download and update Plug Ins in the background causing the new HD Onscreen Guide to function slower than normal. It will take 24 to 48 hours for some Plug Ins such as movie posters to be fully available.
Should I force the download to the new HD Onscreen Guide if I did not receive the initial Download on November 1?
Don’t force a download for the new HD Onscreen Guide. If a download is forced, the receiver will revert back to the existing guide and you will not be able to receive the new guide until it is released to your DMA.
HD ONSCREEN GUIDE over SD Output OSD:
“This TV or its cables are not HD. To see screen graphic, press the RES key on the front of the receiver until this message no longer appears”
When the receiver resolution is set to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, the UI will not appear on the receiver’s SD outputs, and the HD ONSCREEN GUIDE over SD Output OSD will appear automatically. The OSD will clear in 20 seconds, or 2 seconds in the case of the Score Guide.
The following UI elements will be affected:
- All Menu options
- Info Banner (which appears upon channel change)
- Guide / Mini Guide / Quick Tune
- All Interactive features (e.g. Score Guide Red Button notice)
- All Interactive channels (e.g. Channel 1, Active…)
- All OSDs, except a new HD ONSCREEN GUIDE over SD Output OSD (see below).
Effect to customers:
- This will affect customers who use both HD and SD outputs of the same receiver (including Commercial customers). These customers can change the resolution to 480i, however the quality of the video on the HD output video will suffer.
- Customers who are using SD outputs and have the IRD unknowingly set to 720p or 1080i – these customers must change the resolution to 480i or 480p.
How to resolve:
- Change the receiver resolution to 480i or 480p by pressing the RES button on the front receiver panel until 480i or 480p is selected.
- Uncheck all resolutions except 480i or 480p on the HD ONSCREEN GUIDE menu.
- Turn “Native” Off
- Customer Education
If the customer has 2 TVs connected to the STB, an SD and HD TV, then the only way to get UI on their SD is to use 480i/p, however the HD TV viewing will no longer be in HD.
- Connect STB to TV via HDMI or component
DASH OSD Network Connectivity
Network connection will be added to the OSD that appears when pressing the DASH button while in full screen. The Receiver ID and SWiM status will appear quickly, and “Internet: Checking Connection…” may appear while testing the internet connection. Once the Internet check is complete, it will display one of 3 statuses:
- Internet Never Connected (A connect now must be performed)
- Internet Connected
- Internet not detected (internet connection has been lost – troubleshoot as diagnostic code 86)
Edited by RobertE, 11 December 2011 - 06:45 PM.