Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 Complete Signal Loss on 119

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ggraham

ggraham

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Good signal on 61.5 and 110 but 119 has low signal strength. Just checked trasnsponder 7 and it is dropping into the single digits. Many channels are experiencing intermediate complete signal loss. I have two 722 DVRs and have been a Dish customer for more than 12 years. However, if I can't get this fixed my family will force me to go to DirecTv, Comcast or U-verse. I know I have some tall pines in the way but would a re-aim or larger dish be a possibility. Please help, I don't want to lose my Dish Network.

Gary

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Since all of Atlanta's locals are on EA (except one - ch 14) I would suggest a full Eastern Arc upgrade assuming you have better LOS going that way. You would lose your SD feeds for most of your locals, but that's not usually something most people care about. PM a DIRT member here to see if they can get you setup.

#3 OFFLINE   ggraham

ggraham

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

I've been told that although I can clearly see 61.5 that 72.7 and 77 are lower on the horizon and that I do not have an acceptable LOS to them. So am I SOL???

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

61.5 is 142 degrees at 43 degrees elevation
72 is 159 degrees at 48 degrees elevation
77 is 166 degrees at 50 degrees elevation

So 72 and 77 are both farther west, and higher than 61 where you are (if you are still in Atlanta)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

I've been told that although I can clearly see 61.5 that 72.7 and 77 are lower on the horizon and that I do not have an acceptable LOS to them. So am I SOL???

It's nearly impossible to diagnose LOS problems over the internet, you really need someone there. Also, we're just assuming it's a LOS issue. Maybe your 119 LNB went bad. I'd have Dish send someone out to take a look.

spam firewall