Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Once Upon a Time - 12/11/2011 - "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" - Fall Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Damn, but what a way to end the first half of the first season!

I'm happy and sad at the same time... such mixed emotions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

I just can't believe that Graham was killed off. I liked his character and like where the episode was going with he and Emma, but his destiny was foretold in "the land that was".

Henry was definitely right about Emma - she's got the magic touch alright.

It was also interesting that present-day Rumpelstiltskin was trying to help Graham remember, or at least prodding him to try. I do wonder what he was doing in the forest with a heavy-duty apron and a shovel though.

Really looking forward to the show's return in 2012!

#3 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

I had forgotten that somebody was going to die. Great episode.

#4 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've just about caught up with Once Upon a Time (all but Sunday's episode) and have really been impressed with how intelligently this show has evolved. The characters are developing nicely and the stories are getting more complex.

I think this is now my favorite new show of the season.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Its kind of hard to remember that before the season started, the critics were all aglow about Grimm (just another cop buddy show w/monsters) and were somewhat panning this one.

Which just re-enforces my thoughts that critics ought to be seen and not heard!! :)

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have to say, I was a skeptic about a show on Disney's ABC about a bunch of Disney fairy tale characters. But the shows creators/writers/producers Adam Horowitz And Edward Kitsis have done a good job worthy of their extensive resumés. And the actors are outstanding.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#7 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

The twist with Prince Charming and the dragon was a bit shocking, but it's good to keep the audience guessing.

#8 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm was wondering why the kid can see the curse. Why is *he* not blinded by backstory? Then it hit me that he must have been born 'outside' the curse - and they mentioned he was born in prison. So this begs the question as to WHY the mayor adopted him? I wondered if the mayor even KNEW she was the Queen but that question was answered without question at the mausoleum. So why introduce someone/something from the outside? And how did Emma end up outside Storybrooke? I mean, being put in the wardrobe must have something to do with it - but, again, if Emma escaped (and clearly had no knowledge of Storybrooke or from whence it came), why bring her kid back to Storybrooke?

...and then, how did the kid make the connection between the book that Snow gave him and all the people in the town?

#9 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,902 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Mr. Gold found the kid and brought him to the mayor, IIRC.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Up until the mausoleum scene, I assumed the Queen also suffered from amnesia like the others, and I still prefer to think of it that way. It makes her more human - someone who is deeply wounded rather than just plain evil. So maybe she doesn't fully know or understand the power she wields.

Her adoption of Henry plays into her obsessive need to control everyone related to the fairytale world. So even though Henry and Emma are a threat, she would rather keep them in Storybrook than have them in the free world.

#11 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,902 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

And you're right of course... but is she really evil? Is anyone really evil? Or is she still deeply flawed to the point where her judgment has become critically skewed? That's one of the good things about this show, that it allows you to think along those lines.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#12 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm pretty sure when you take a magical analog of a heart, crush it it in your hands, and that causes a good guy to die, you're evil.

#13 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hmmm. :grin:

Well, Wikipedia says:

Evil is the violation of, or intent to violate, some moral code. Evil is usually seen as the dualistic opposite of The Good. Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its root motives and causes; however, evil is commonly associated with conscious and deliberate wrongdoing, discrimination designed to harm others, humiliation of people designed to diminish their psychological well-being and dignity, destructiveness, and acts of unnecessary or indiscriminate violence. The philosophical question of whether morality is absolute or relative leads to questions about the nature of evil, with views falling into one of four opposed camps: moral absolutism, amoralism, moral relativism, and moral universalism.

I guess this was an act of violence, but if it was "necessary" and "discriminate" in her mind I guess it might not be "evil."

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#14 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hiring a hit-man to kill your stepdaughter? Yeah. Evil.

I'm interested in hearing what Snow White supposedly did that prevented E.Q. from ever loving or being happy again. The EQ is quick to blam Snow without explaining exactly what it was - classic symptom of someone trying to transfer blame.

So far, my wife's theory is that the EQ was jealous over not being able to have ALL of her husband's (Snow's father) love - that she was not able to break the special bond between a child and parent.

#15 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm pretty sure when you take a magical analog of a heart, crush it it in your hands, and that causes a good guy to die, you're evil.

Yes she is evil and she knows it!
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#16 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Not evil, just misunderstood ;)
Bad girls need love too...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...