Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boardwalk Empire Season Finale OAD 12/11/2011

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

I was not surprised that.....

Jimmy Darmody was killed off, but was a little taken back at Nucky for taking him out his self. Kind of a slap to jimmy who called Nucky a half a gangster early on.

Love the fact that Van Alden moved to Cicero because if memory serves me correctly Capone had many dealings in Cicero IL back in the day, so i am hoping that Van Alden will be in series 3.

I just feel bad for Darmody's kid, losing his Mother and Father at such a young age.

All in all i thought this was a good season and the best is yet to come, they still have not hit the point of the roaring 20's and that will provide some excellent story telling.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Why did Nucky take Jimmy out, who was like a son to him and clearly ready to join the fold with Nucky again and be a loyal footsoldier, when his own untrustworthy brother who had suggested the hit on Nucky in the first place got a pass?

Man, huge hole in the story without Jimmy.

#3 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,818 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

I think they'll be OK without Jimmy. His masked friend is still around as his mother, who will likely be the trustee for his estate, so if they want to fund some revenge plans they could do it.

It will be interesting to see how Nucky reacts to Margaret's betrayal with the land deed transfer. That may come back to really hurt her in a big way!

I just really hope the new Irish bodyguard sticks around and his relationship with Margaret picks up. I wonder which betrayal would offend him more: the deed transfer or the infidelity?

#4 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Nucky taking out Jimmy was a power play, and solidifies Enoch Thompson as a true gangster. Unless I am wrong the show is still in mid 1921, and with creative writers the show has so many potential story lines to take advantage of. I find it refreshing in todays drab tv landscape that they had the courage to kill off a main character so early on in the series. Darmody sealed his fate the moment he crossed Nucky and joined forces with the commodore. Nucky treated Jimmy as a son and that son betrayed him so much more than Eli did. Nucky never really trusted Eli but he did trust Jimmy and the the betrayal of that trust cost Jimmy his life. Also Nucky needs Eli alive to confess to the whole election rigging fiasco and I would imagine after Eli is sentenced he may well leave prison in a pine box.

#5 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

I think they'll be OK without Jimmy. His masked friend is still around as his mother, who will likely be the trustee for his estate, so if they want to fund some revenge plans they could do it.

It will be interesting to see how Nucky reacts to Margaret's betrayal with the land deed transfer. That may come back to really hurt her in a big way!

I just really hope the new Irish bodyguard sticks around and his relationship with Margaret picks up. I wonder which betrayal would offend him more: the deed transfer or the infidelity?

Nucky already knows that Margaret has been unfaithful she confessed this to Nucky last week, Nucky just does not know who with nor did he ask. Margaret to me is an enigma of sorts. I think she truly does believe that her daughters polio was a direct consequence of her relationship with Nucky and as all good catholics know the guilt can be bought away by giving money to the church. I am sure that Margaret believes that in giving the land to the church she is saving herself and Nucky from damnation.

I think he will be angry about the land but since it appears he is back in control the loss of the land IMO would be a minor set back.....

#6 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,818 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Nucky already knows that Margaret has been unfaithful she confessed this to Nucky last week, Nucky just does not know who with nor did he ask.

I don';t still have last week's episode, but I thought Margaret backtracked nicely when she brought up she had been unfaithful, steering away from infidelity in their relationship towards a more general lack of faith in God or something else - I can't remember what - but she ended up covering her tracks so she didn't implicate herself.

If that wasn't the case, Nucky was much more understanding last week than I would have expected!

#7 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

I don';t still have last week's episode, but I thought Margaret backtracked nicely when she brought up she had been unfaithful, steering away from infidelity in their relationship towards a more general lack of faith in God or something else - I can't remember what - but she ended up covering her tracks so she didn't implicate herself.

If that wasn't the case, Nucky was much more understanding last week than I would have expected!

I must backtrack on my earlier comment. I just re watched the episode and Margaret confessed to Nucky that she stole from him and that she deceived everyone who thinks she is decent and that she cheated but she DID play it off that Nucky was the man she cheated with, don't quite understand the logic in that as her husband was already dead....

SO her fling could be an issue of contention next season.

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,818 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I must backtrack on my earlier comment. I just re watched the episode and Margaret confessed to Nucky that she stole from him and that she deceived everyone who thinks she is decent and that she cheated but she DID play it off that Nucky was the man she cheated with, don't quite understand the logic in that as her husband was already dead....

OK, that's in line with what I remembered. The logic is the simple part now! :)

She slipped a little bit earlier in saying she was unfaithful, as she was thinking of the Irish bodyguard, so she quickly covered by saying she was unfaithful to her husband [his memory]. This way Nucky wouldn't go after the bodyguard and she wasn't "completely" lying to Nucky!

#9 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

This is by far, one of my favorite shows.....

Jimmy's mom is a weirdo, I don't like her at all, I wish Jimmy would have killed her when he was choking her, but the Commodore had to interfere.

Now that Jimmy is gone, who will align with his mom?

#10 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Now that Jimmy is gone, who will align with his mom?

Lucky Luciano came to mind as soon as I read your post. :)

#11 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Lucky Luciano came to mind as soon as I read your post. :)

:lol: Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I don't think so.

#12 OFFLINE   Rnrboy

Rnrboy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

It's ironic that the Commodore ended up dying whilst trying to save Jimmy's mom...

#13 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

It's ironic that the Commodore ended up dying whilst trying to save Jimmy's mom...

I would have rather they shot Jimmy's mom. Gretchen Mol is easy on the eyes, but her character drives me nuts.

Jimmy is a big loss for me, but at least the show runners had the hang em downs to do it.

#14 OFFLINE   starzinger

starzinger

• Banned User
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

Jimmy is a big loss for me, but at least the show runners had the hang em downs to do it.

Exactly. That's too rare these days.

#15 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,443 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Finally got caught up and watched the finale.

I love this show, but killing Jimmy was a major bummer for me.

He was by far my favorite character and one of the best parts of the show.

I'll continue to watch, but IMO the show won't be as good without Jimmy.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

Protected By... spam firewall...And...