Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole-home question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimintn

jimintn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I know this question "What do I need for whole-home" has been asked a lot of times, but I am asking it again with my configuration. We just upgraded to HD over the weekend and with the new dish, I think we may be close.
We have the following:

HR24-200
R22-200 (two of these)
R16

We have the SWM dish andthe single line switch. The HR24 is in the same room as the modem/router. I know we need to replace the R16 with a HD receiver. WE aren't too worried about CinemaShare, etc (though it would be nice), but we do want to be able to share the content between the DVR's.

Are we going to have to pay the $200 for installation or can we get the HD receiver and a couple of tie in pieces to get it to work?

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

"First off" you need the white DECA added to a each of the R22s.
Then you do need a HD receiver added to have DirecTV add the "whole home DVR" service to your account.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   krazyrs

krazyrs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

if u want to run a CCK, you can get the wired version and run a SWiM 2-way green label splitter behind the HR24 to it and over to the CCK thats jumped into your router
SWiM
HR24-500/HR24-500 - HDMI - Samsung 46" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Dynex 32" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Vizio 19" LED LCD TV
CCK - Charter - 30mbps down/ 4mbps up

spam firewall