Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free Preview?

hdtv

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

No preview on my receiver. what time does it usually begin? I checked HBO and no luck.
Panasonic TCP58VT25
HR22/100
Yamaha RX-A800
Definitive Research Pro 1000/2000 Center channel
SVS Sub
Panasonic 3D /Bluray player
PS3/Xbox/Wii

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   fx72

fx72

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Not here either... oh well. Guess we just have to wait for the next one.

#23 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,449 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

In my opinion, it was a VERY interesting concept that was almost totally squandered on a hopelessly maudlin and completely predictable love story. They could have done so much more with it!

Too much running. Not enough adjusting.

So far the iPhone app has been very reliable about indicating whether or not there's going to be a free preview -- that is, it lets me set recordings on premium channels during free preview times, and doesn't let me set a recording at times when there isn't one happening. It didn't indicate a free preview for this weekend, so...
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#24 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

I notice on the Tvmail on Directv

from 12/16 to 1/8 NBA League Pass free Preview on channel 751-768

Directv Subscriber From May 2003 to December 9,2013

Charter Cable Subscriber Since December 9,2013
HomePage

#25 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

I notice on the Tvmail on Directv

from 12/16 to 1/8 NBA League Pass free Preview on channel 751-768

It can be free for the next 5 years, as far as I'm concerned. Their new collective bargaining agreement did anything to fix the inequities in how players can pretty much dictate where they play. If your not part of a half dozen markets, you have no chance to win. The rest of the teams draft the players, and as soon as their entry level contracts end, they bolt to the big markets. What happened in Cleveland, with Lebron James has turned me off of the NBA. I used to watch it casually, but plan on boycotting the league for the forseable future.

#26 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

I didnt see anything!!!!!

Usually every year they give us a "present" for being customers for over 10 yrs... This year we didnt get any!!! (They are getting quite cheap)

spam firewall