Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV self install for newbie

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

That's very good information. So continuing the DTV strategy, let's see:

To upgrade to SWiM, their going to have to upgrade my H10 anyway, that should be part of the 199 deal. They appear to be willing to do one HD upgrade of my SD's for 49. So if I were willing to live with one SD receiver, shouldn't I be back to the $249 price tag?

The last CSR was not especially pleasant and actually kind of cranky. Bad day? Seems like if I could get a good knowledgeable one, I could plead my case above and get to SWiM, if not MRV.

Think I'll give it one more CSR spin tomorrow and see where that goes.

I don't think they are charging you $50 to upgrade the one SD receiver to HD. My guess is that they are charging you the $50 for the tech visit or for the swap out of the H10 as it is so old now. You are then being charged $100 for each of the SD receivers to be upgraded to HD, hence the $450 total cost.

And as mentioned, upgrading to SWM cannot be ordered stand-alone. You either need to upgrade to Whole Home to be converted to SWM or in your case add a DVR to give you 9 tuners, which will force a SWM16 install.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...