Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What is going with Velocity 364?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RobC1

RobC1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

My Velocity is gone again. WHERE did it go? This is my story.

I have the 250 package with free HD for life, but that HD did not include Velocity so at that time I was told I had to pay $10.00 more for another HD package that had Velocity. I did, and was able to negotiate a free trial period. A week or so later it was moved to yet another package (Blockbuster Movie Pass). I have Netflex streaming and am very happy with it. But I did get to try Blockbuster Movie Pass, it was added to programing and I was charged for it. I did not ask for it but I tried it and dropped it. Here is my issue and I'm sure I'm not alone, 250 channels and I only watch about 15. $80.00 + a month for 15 channels is a lot now another $10.00 for Velocity. We should not have to pay for the Blockbuster deal, adding a few popular programs to Movie Pass is just not right. With no ala carte insight. I'll be going back to Comcast (suck at times also but sometime you need to make a statement) and that's a shame I like the Dish DVR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

But I did get to try Blockbuster Movie Pass, it was added to programing and I was charged for it. I did not ask for it but I tried it and dropped it.

If you can bring yourself to think of BBMP as DISH Platinum HD, you'll feel a lot better.

Time in memorium programming carriers have placed plums in extra cost packages. Maybe a different carrier has a packaging strategy that better fits your desires.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,584 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Blockbuster Movie Pass costs the same as the Dish HD package... No need to pay for both... Just take movie pass and don't put DVDs in your queue to rent.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,722 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Actually Blockbuster Movie Pack and Dish HD are separate things. Dish HD delivers HD versions of SD channels in your normal AT120/200/250/AEP package. Many customers get Dish HD for free thanks to being grandfathered from the old Dish HD + Platinum $10 package that was offered for a few months or making the commitment to stay with DISH for two years (or paying a one time $99 fee).

Platinum HD became Blockbuster and the only difference aside from the recent channel shifting is the addition of the DVD/streamed movies. I think of them as "free with Platinum HD". The Blockbuster additions do not cost me a penny more than Platinum HD did.

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Velocity is also the "Test" channel 5710. No guide data but it is watchable on all HD receivers. 9421 has the guide data in green.

For reasons unknown some of the BBMP channels do not show up in the "360" neighborhood if you don't subscribe, but they do show up in the 9400 neighborhood in green (i.e. available for immediate upgrade).

I'm watching "Test 5710" right now and it is Velocity. For the record I do not sub to BBMP.

Edited by Michael P, 22 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...