Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Want to Check my DECA Research

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Nofences

Nofences

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

SWiM splitters start at 2 MHz. :lol:
The green labeled splitters are made for DECA, and have much less loss for the DECA signal between receivers.

I knew it was low, I just didnt take the time to go out to the garage to look.

My setup seems to be working fine, I do have Green Label splitter at all of my receivers, but the 4 way in the garage is not a green label. How much of a performance increase would I See by switching to the Green Label?
My Setup - Updated 12-26-11
AU-9 Slimline Dish
SWM-8
(1) HR20-700 | DECA | HDMI | 37" Sharp Aquos LC-37D64U
(1) HR20-100b | DECA | HDMI & Optical | 47" Vizio LCD | Yamaha 7.1 AV Receiver w/HDMI Switching
(1) HR20-100s | DECA | 42" Vizio VU42LF

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,767 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I knew it was low, I just didnt take the time to go out to the garage to look.

My setup seems to be working fine, I do have Green Label splitter at all of my receivers, but the 4 way in the garage is not a green label. How much of a performance increase would I See by switching to the Green Label?

The non green has about 23-25 dB of loss between outputs. A 4-way green labeled has about 11 dB loss.
This may or may not make a big difference because DECA doesn't "work better" with a stronger signal, but it does work "poorly" with a weak signal.

"Basically" it sounds like you have green ones where it doesn't matter, and not where they do.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   Nofences

Nofences

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

The non green has about 23-25 dB of loss between outputs. A 4-way green labeled has about 11 dB loss.
This may or may not make a big difference because DECA doesn't "work better" with a stronger signal, but it does work "poorly" with a weak signal.

"Basically" it sounds like you have green ones where it doesn't matter, and not where they do.

Well, then it sounds like I will be making a visit to Solidsignal. Thanks for the info VOS.
AU-9 Slimline Dish
SWM-8
(1) HR20-100b | DECA | HDMI & Optical | 47" Vizio LCD | Yamaha 7.1 AV Receiver w/HDMI Switching

#24 OFFLINE   jdeaton

jdeaton

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thanks all,

I do have one HR20-100 in the mix and am aware of it's "specialness". I'll take a look at my 4-way splitter and see if it has a power pass port. If not I'll order a Green Label 4-way and try it again.

What a great forum Dbstalk is!

#25 OFFLINE   Nofences

Nofences

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Didn't realize it before, but they are available at Newegg.
AU-9 Slimline Dish
SWM-8

Protected By... spam firewall...And...