Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

dpp44

error

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PEARLTONE

PEARLTONE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

hello all
i currently have 1000.2 with 3 boxes, if i add one more box to make total of 4 i will need to add dpp44?? am i correct, now if i call dish out to install that how much will i be charged? if its too much i will buy a switch and do it myself

thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

A DPP44 switch will not work behind a 1.2 dish.. 2 switches.. 1 will eventually fail. You need to get three single lnbs and go to a 44 switch..

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Yes, you can use a DPP 44 switch with your 1000.2 dish to add an additional receiver. The 1000.2 can handle up to 3 receivers so the switch is needed to add the additional receiver. The installation costs depends upon your account. If you would PM your account information to me, I can check on the costs for you. Please let me know. Thanks.

hello all
i currently have 1000.2 with 3 boxes, if i add one more box to make total of 4 i will need to add dpp44?? am i correct, now if i call dish out to install that how much will i be charged? if its too much i will buy a switch and do it myself

thanks

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

A DPP44 switch will not work behind a 1.2 dish.. 2 switches.. 1 will eventually fail. You need to get three single lnbs and go to a 44 switch..

Cool [member]! :D

#5 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Look up the installation Manuel.. It even says it will not work.. It will work with the 1.4 because it has a bypass built in.. But the 1.2 won't work.. Well it will work.. But eventually one of the 2 switches will fail..

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Not cool to insist - what 'manuel' you're reading ? URL ?

#7 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Dish has a installation manual.. I only have a 2008 at my house.. I really don't care if he does use it.. I know it will fail eventually.. I have been to at least 6 of these installations.. And either it took out the 1.2 or the 44 switch failed.. Every decent tech knows this. I even went to one that the 44 switch failed with in a week of the original install.. Our office replaces them with three singles and a W bracket..

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Any failure analysis happened of that failed DPP44 switches ? Need professional help of EE ?

#9 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Any failure analysis happened of that failed DPP44 switches ? Need professional help of EE ?

No,, Dish does not do that with switches or LNBF's. They just go back to be rebuilt. But I and many other techs have seen it enough times to know what is causing the problem. What do you mean by help of EE??

#10 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Electrical Engineer who knows the design, schematics and components, can investigate such failures.

#11 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Nope,, Just a tech who does this about 46 to 50 hours a week. I know what works and what doesn't.. And if I don't now.. I am the first to admit.. I don't now..

#12 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Dish has a installation manual.. I only have a 2008 at my house.. I really don't care if he does use it.. I know it will fail eventually.. I have been to at least 6 of these installations.. And either it took out the 1.2 or the 44 switch failed.. Every decent tech knows this. I even went to one that the 44 switch failed with in a week of the original install.. Our office replaces them with three singles and a W bracket..

Most of the times that I've seen this situation, it was because the dpp44 was installed without the use of the power inserter.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#13 OFFLINE   gokartergo

gokartergo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Yep,, I have seen a lot of installs where the tech would not use the power adapter.. Especially if there is only one recv.. And they will work for a while has well. But the switch will give out too..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error

spam firewall