Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Maximum record count ignored

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tegage

tegage

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I record a couple of news shows daily. One of them is the PBS NewsHour and I have the Maximum Recorded Events set at 2, but it ignores that option. I seen this on a few other shows. Is there a reason for this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Is it recording more than 2 or less than the 2? What type receiver do you have and what is the software version? Please let me know so I can assist you. Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   tegage

tegage

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Is it recording more than 2 or less than the 2? What type receiver do you have and what is the software version? Please let me know so I can assist you. Thanks.

I have a 722 and a 612. They both record more than 2 of the NewsHour, i.e. they ignore the maximum. My 622 is running software version L645WAXB-N and bootstrap 1230. I'm not in front of my 722 right now.

Keep in mind that it's just certain shows. For example I also have the Tonight show set up to record a Max of 2 and it works for that show.

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

When you set it to have the max # did you already have more than that # of recordings? ie, if you have it set to 2, did you have 2 or more recordings at that time, if so, my experience in the past has been it doesn't work until you manually delete to lower than your max, so in your case 1 or 0. At least, thats how I recall when I first changed some of mine to that. I'll experiment some and see if I can reproduce it.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#5 OFFLINE   tegage

tegage

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

I often delete them all. I'll try deleting them and the timer and then recreate the timer.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...