Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Unable to set up a recording from the web

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

The only issue we have with our new TiVo is that we can't program it fom the DirecTV web site using a regular desktop or laptop. Initially, I thought it might be due to incomplete guide data but it's been 5 days and it still doesn't work. Whenever I try to set up a recording for the TiVo, I get the following message

"We were unable to process your request at this time. Please try again, or call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000."

I called customer service and was told to reset the machine but that made no difference. What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?

Athena

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Average user

Average user

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

I've experienced the same problem. Cannot "remote record" from the web (directv.com) or from the app on my cellphone (Android) or from the app on my iPad. Tried logging off the apps, re-logging on, verifying that my equipment shows as THR22-100, "re-authorizing" the receiver, etc. I have decided the THR22-100 does not have the "remote record" capability, which is a real deal-breaker for me. After having the THR22-100 for a week, there are other issues I have with it, as well:

Automatic 30min buffer causes way too many scheduling conflicts. With the old DVR, you were given the option to add the buffer or not.

Cannot record PPV Home Cinema movies

On Demand programming offered is sparse compared with a normal DVR

Unable to view photos, YouTube videos, etc. from my desktop computer via the wireless router (router on my computer and router on my DVR, for which I paid $200 separately)

Can only keep some movies and shows for a max of 1 week?

I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can get my money back, return the THR22-100 and go back to the HR21-100, since I still have it on my dining room table. I'm disappointed with the THR22-100. "Wish List" was the only thing I missed about Tivo, but I will live - I'll just finally get around to using the feature on the older, non-Tivo DVR. This THR22-100 has too many minuses that outweigh the one plus for me.

#3 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

I have decided the THR22-100 does not have the "remote record" capability, which is a real deal-breaker for me.

According to all the documentation and the unhelpful rep, it is supposed to work. Afterall, the THR22 shows up as a selectable device. I think we need to have enough people complain to get someone at DirecTV to sort it out.

Automatic 30min buffer causes way too many scheduling conflicts. With the old DVR, you were given the option to add the buffer or not.

I've not encountered that. The scheuler gives you the ooption to pad either way.

Cannot record PPV Home Cinema movies

Can we do that on the HR224? As a Netflix subscriber, I've never even considered PPV.

Unable to view photos, YouTube videos, etc. from my desktop computer via the wireless router (router on my computer and router on my DVR, for which I paid $200 separately)

I can view photos from my network. Have you installed the TiVo desktop on the computer?

Can only keep some movies and shows for a max of 1 week?

Is that different on the HR24? It's hard to understand why the retention restrictions would be different on the two devices.

#4 OFFLINE   eleventeen

eleventeen

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

The only issue we have with our new TiVo is that we can't program it fom the DirecTV web site using a regular desktop or laptop. Initially, I thought it might be due to incomplete guide data but it's been 5 days and it still doesn't work. Whenever I try to set up a recording for the TiVo, I get the following messageI called customer service and was told to reset the machine but that made no difference. What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?

Athena

Call again and ask for their tech support group that deals specifically with the Tivo. I'm having the same issue and eventually got put over to that group last night and they know it's a bug with the website and the tech I spoke to said she had at least 3 calls that day. They needed my Tivo Service ID so I had to call them back from home and give them that.

#5 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

Call again and ask for their tech support group that deals specifically with the Tivo. I'm having the same issue and eventually got put over to that group last night and they know it's a bug with the website and the tech I spoke to said she had at least 3 calls that day. They needed my Tivo Service ID so I had to call them back from home and give them that.

But did that get it fixed for you or are we still waiting for them to fix the website?

#6 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Has anyone been able to get this to work yet?

#7 OFFLINE   justmeed

justmeed

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Has anyone been able to get this to work yet?

I was just able to remotely schedule via the iPhone app for DTV. Worked just fine. I'd imagine the web interface will now work as well (iPhone app wasn't working either).

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,835 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

I believe it just worked... if I don't post here again then it did.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Thanks, just confirmed, it's now working for me too. It even puts a message in on the Tivo that it was scheduled. The only thing it doesn't do is give an automatic thumbs up like it would if you scheduled the recording on the DVR itself. I can live with that :lol:

#10 OFFLINE   roderigo

roderigo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

What do you mean by this? The 2 buffers don't cause scheduling conflicts.

On Demand programming offered is sparse compared with a normal DVR

Can you go into more details on this one as well? I would expect the On Demand programming to be similar.

spam firewall