Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 IR remotes for 1 tv?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heavyjeff

heavyjeff

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

I have a 20.0 IR remote from a 222k for tv1 and want to use it and the original 20.1 IR remote on a 722k for tv1. (2 remotes in the same room)
I can make either work alone but is there a way to make them both work?
Or, will I need to purchase a UHF remote?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

They will both work, but both need to be on the same IR channel (1, I believe).

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

So, you want to use both remotes on one receiver ?

Easy as pie - just have the satellite receiver and both remotes all on the same channel (and no - it DOESN'T need to be just address 1 - it can be any).

Now - if you have both recievers (222 and 722) in the same room, AND you want to use 1 remote - that's possible too. Set each receiver on a different address. Then you can program the AUX button on one or both remotes to do the other receiver's remote address.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   heavyjeff

heavyjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Great news! Now, how do I change the address on one of the remotes?

#5 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

press and hold the SAT button until all buttons are lit
enter the new remote address (2 digits), followed by #, then the Record button.

To change the Satellite receiver -
get to the Sysinfo screen

repeat the above.

To program the Aux button with another Dish IR remote address -
press and hold the AUX button
enter the desired address as '3' and desired 2 digit address, "#" and RECORD.

I may have details wrong - check your owners manual / Dish tech info online / etc.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

If you want to use 2 remotes at the same location, you have to program both remotes on the same remote address. You can press the Menu button on the current remote to bring up the System Info screen on your TV. At the bottom of the screen you will see "Primary Remote" and "Secondary Remote"; program the second remote to match the address displayed next to "Primary Remote" address.

1.Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel of your receiver. Avoid accessing the "System Info" screen using the remote control, as this could cause re-addressing both impacted remotes. - Note the remote address shown in the UHF remote address box
2.Press and hold the SAT mode button on your remote until all of the mode buttons light up - All four mode buttons should light up
3.Use the number pad on your remote to enter a remote address between 1 and 16, not including the address you originally noted in Step 2 - The SAT button should light up
4.Press the POUND (#) button - The SAT button should flash 3 times
5.Press the RECORD button - If the steps are successful, the number entered in Step 4 should display on the "System Info" screen
6.Select "Done" to close the "System Info" screen

If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

I have a 20.0 IR remote from a 222k for tv1 and want to use it and the original 20.1 IR remote on a 722k for tv1. (2 remotes in the same room)
I can make either work alone but is there a way to make them both work?
Or, will I need to purchase a UHF remote?

#7 OFFLINE   heavyjeff

heavyjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for all the help.
After what seemed like a lot of tries, I finally got the 2nd remote on the same address.
Then couldnt get the remote to to accept the TV code, checked the code on the 1st remote and entered it but still wouldnt work. Used the scan setup so now I have a different tv code in each but they work fine.
My wife wants to say thanks also, as now she can also change channels and volume etc.
:lol: Is there a way to get the power off button to work on her?

#8 OFFLINE   audiomaster

audiomaster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

[quote name=':lol: Is there a way to get the power off button to work on her?[/QUOTE']
I don't believe that feature is supported on this model.:nono2:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...