Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ch 1 (customer information channel)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Boobie1998

Boobie1998

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

Hi all,

I just went to ch 1 to clear nvram like I used to and it doesn't work anymore. Did something change?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

I tried this morning as well with no luck.

#3 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

I noticed this myself. Is there another way to clear the FLASH RAM?

#4 OFFLINE   Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Mine's working right now, but it's not uncommon for it to not work. It seems to work when it wants to.

#5 OFFLINE   mozartman

mozartman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you do to clear FLASH RAM and what is the benefit?

#6 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,499 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

It can help speed up performance.

Go to channel 1. Once the page is operating including audio, use the remote and press Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green in exactly that order. This must be done quickly. Otherwise the yellow press will bring up a quick options menu. That will display a message about the NVRAM being cleared in the lower left.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#7 OFFLINE   mozartman

mozartman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

It can help speed up performance.

Go to channel 1. Once the page is operating including audio, use the remote and press Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green in exactly that order. This must be done quickly. Otherwise the yellow press will bring up a quick options menu. That will display a message about the NVRAM being cleared in the lower left.

Thanks!

#8 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thing is though, they changed Ch1 so that trick no longer works.

#9 OFFLINE   mozartman

mozartman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thing is though, they changed Ch1 so that trick no longer works.

It didn't work for me either.

#10 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

At least I know I'm NOT going crazy (yet)...wasn't working for me last night on EITHER of my HR20-100's! :mad:
I REALLY am sick of these slow-*** POS's for DVR's... :mad:

#11 OFFLINE   tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

I have been using this trick to help with the super slow program guide for several months and it helped.

Why does it no longer work? :confused: At least it was something that helped sometimes, why did they disable it?
Tom

HR23-700
Slim Line 5

#12 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Well, they have changed what the Buttons do and when I try it with the Red, Red, I get a Bong, Bong so they have changed what the Colored Buttons do and it no longer works as before.

Perhaps they will tell us in the future what will work to replace this function we had before or maybe because of the New HDGUI and Software Rewrite the DVRs work Faster so there is No Longer A Need To Perform This Operation!!!
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

...maybe because of the New HDGUI and Software Rewrite the DVRs EPG (ONLY) work Faster so there is No Longer A Need To Perform This Operation!!!

Fixed it for you - (& that's being charitable even with the guide)
At least for mine, the REST of the DVR operations (LIST in particular) is even WORSE than before! :mad:
You guys that are all geeked up with this "improved" GUI can have it - I'd just as soon have the old one back, so at least I could get a little bit of speed back I previously had. (not to mention that "switch to SD" BS that I'm having to go thru now with all my secondary SDTV's) :rolleyes:

#14 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Most of us using the new HDGUI have never experienced faster performance from our dvrs than we do now. I suspect you have other issues, like a failing HDD or something like that. May I suggest you invest your energy into figuring out whats wrong your particular setup instead of putting all this energy into complaining?

#15 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Most of us using the new HDGUI have never experienced faster performance from our dvrs than we do now. I suspect you have other issues, like a failing HDD or something like that. May I suggest you invest your energy into figuring out whats wrong your particular setup instead of putting all this energy into complaining?

+1.

There are thousands of Directv Customers who are saying that this New HDGUI & Software Rewrite is definitely helping them as far as Improved Performance and you are One Lonely Voice Crying In The Wilderness so if there are so many stating that this HDGUI has Improved their Performance and only a handful who state otherwise then perhaps it is something either in your Environment or your Setup or your DVR itself needs to be Repaired or Replaced. :)
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#16 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

I was just playing around with it and it turns out that it DOES WORK but you need to press the buttons a lot slower then you did before. If you press them too quickly it fails to register.

#17 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

+1

#18 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Just had to do it on my HR23. Worked fine.
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#19 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

I tried it yesterday and got "bonked", tried it again this am and it worked. Actually havent felt it was necessary since the new GUI came out.

#20 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

;)

It works now.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall