Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ch 1 (customer information channel)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mozartman

mozartman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

I tried it again and it worked on my HR24-100.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

+1.
There are thousands of Directv Customers who are saying that this New HDGUI & Software Rewrite is definitely helping them as far as Improved Performance and you are One Lonely Voice Crying In The Wilderness so if there are so many stating that this HDGUI has Improved their Performance and only a handful who state otherwise

OK, so which is it - ONE voice, or a handful??? :rolleyes: :P

Is THIS a "handful" then???

http://www.dbstalk.c...557#post2924557

http://www.dbstalk.c...280#post2922280

http://www.dbstalk.c...378#post2921378

http://www.dbstalk.c...962#post2918962

then perhaps it is something either in your Environment or your Setup

Hmm, so BEFORE the upgrades (in my SAME "environment") the speeds were slow, but now...they are SLOWER - uh, Oooookayyyyyyy :rolleyes:

or your DVR itself needs to be Repaired or Replaced.

Gee, why didn't I think of that...oh yea, I DID! But news flash...D* ain't going to cough up 2 HR24's on their dime, to basically fix what their upgrade made worse on my HR20's, sorry.
Botton line...with this "upgrade", there is just not enough power on these older HR2x models to run all this crap properly anymore

Most of us using the new HDGUI have never experienced faster performance from our dvrs than we do now. I suspect you have other issues, like a failing HDD or something like that.

Or maybe YOU have a better (read: NEWER) DVR than what some of us are stuck with now, so YOUR experience IS better. And not that it matters, but BOTH HDD were replaced only 6-months ago...so I HIGHLY doubt both are going bad, but thanks for playin...

May I suggest you invest your energy into figuring out whats wrong your particular setup instead of putting all this energy into complaining?

My "particular" setup is just fine, thank you much!

I'm glad that this "improvement" is working SO well for you...but it is NOT the panacea for the entire universe, contrary to those "thousands of subs" that supposedly say otherwise.
No surprise on the "kool-aid" company-line responses I was expecting... :rolleyes:

Edited by dishrich, 22 December 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

OK guys, this isn't a thread about the HDUI performance. Let's take that the Discussion thread for that, and let's try to remember to be nice.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#24 OFFLINE   Boobie1998

Boobie1998

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

I just tried it and it's working now. The message comes up right on top of the directv logo and the welcome word.

#25 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,692 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Did it just now on 2 TVs and works just fine.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#26 OFFLINE   Boobie1998

Boobie1998

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

For me, it seems to work when it wants too. Tried it on my other tv and it doesn't work.

#27 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,778 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

For me, it seems to work when it wants too. Tried it on my other tv and it doesn't work.

I played with this this morning, and "timing" of pressing did make it fail and then work.
A.K.A VOS

#28 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,726 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

I posted this in the "NVRAM" thread that got locked - the part about it being difficult to discern the "NVRAM/Flash Cleared" message may be helpful to someone ...

IIRC, one requirement before trying to clear NVRAM is to wait for the interactive elements on Channel 1 to populate, which could take 10 to 15 seconds. Then try the button combination.

One of the difficulties here could also be that the "NVRAM/Flash cleared" message may appear in white text with no background, and since there's now a large white "Welcome to DIRECTV" message in the same location it's tough to read that it took!

#29 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

I posted this in the "NVRAM" thread that got locked - the part about it being difficult to discern the "NVRAM/Flash Cleared" message may be helpful to someone ...

Also, the "NVRAM/Flash Cleared" Message only lasts about 2 to 3 seconds so you have to Know Where to Look and When To Look or you will miss it.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#30 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,692 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yup - its helpful.

As Richie also pointed out...the appearance of the quick screen test is very fast...actually more like 1/2 second or so. That doesn't help the average user even know it happened.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#31 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,778 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yup - its helpful.

As Richie also pointed out...the appearance of the quick screen test is very fast...actually more like 1/2 second or so. That doesn't help the average user even know it happened.

And for those that haven't done this before, look in the lower left of the screen for the message.
A.K.A VOS

#32 OFFLINE   dismayed

dismayed

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

I can tell a lot of folks in this thread are just replying without having tried it recently. So I gave it a try and here is what I saw:

The first time I tried it with my HR20 I indeed saw the same things that many of you are reporting. When I would hit the 'red' button I would get a 'bonk' error noise. Eventually hitting the 'blue' buttons would cause the mini-guide to come up and 'yellow' and 'green' would cause their respective shortcuts to come up. It was like Channel 1 was ignoring the 'red' button. I tried this again several times to no avail.

I changed the channel and then went back to Channel 1. I let it set a long time, much longer than I ever have in the past. I tried again and it worked fine.

So like one of the previous posters has said, I would recommend that if this doesn't work change the channel, change it back and then let it set a good long while before attempting it. DirecTV must have made a change to the channel that is causing it to take much longer to download all the initial stuff. Hope that helps!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...