Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New hd guide sd connections

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, after reading through this whole thread, I'm not sure I should even pot this but will anyway. I just ran into this no SD second TV hooked up to an HD DRV issue.

Here's my situation. We currently have an HR24 hooked up to our 50" plasma in the family room. In the summer, we set up an old 13" TV on our screened porch just adjacent to the FR and often have both on at the same time as we move about the main living area. I have been feeding the old 13" TV via composite out to an old VCR which then sends RF out over coax to our old cable TV wiring. This distributes the SD signal to the porch as well as living room and basement (where we would occasionally set up a TV as well, but nowhere near as often as in the porch). Set up the 13" TV this past weekend only to see the new screen message that my TV or cabling doesn't support HD resolution and to hold the exit button to downres the signal to SD.

At least I see an explanation here as to why perhaps DTV is not able to supply the GUI data in SD (but can still downres the actual signal??). Not sure what solution I'll opt for as I don't know if spending $50 on a coverter to support a 25+ year old TV is good money. I'd definitely look into the Hopper if Dish actually provided the sports programming we need here, but they don't. Would love to get multi-room viewing but I refuse to pay the extra charge DTV wants for it and/or sign up for another two year commitment. My bill is just north of $100 for two boxes (one HD and one HD DVR) and no premium channels and that's my limit.

I think for the three months we use the TV on the porch, I'd settle for being able to toggle the stupid message off and go with blindly running the remote. I don't see why they opted to show that message on virtually every button push for like 10-15 seconds. So in case DTV actually monitors these discussions, here's another aggravated customer. :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall