Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VOD not downloading?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 846 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

I just selected the Hangover II to rent on VOD. The orange arrow down then popped up. So I figured I had to wait for my "video on demand (less a few minutes)" to download.

But, The download isn't happening. The progress bar is not changing, and the percentage is at 0%

So, I decided to force buy it from the List, Select Movie Menu, Buy/Play. the movie started playing, and about 10 seconds later a message pops up that says "buffering"

Uh, it's been 10 minutes now, and the percentage is now at 4%.

any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   luckydob

luckydob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

1080p ? If that is the case....you probably have about an hour depending on your internet connection.

#3 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 846 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

1080p ? If that is the case....you probably have about an hour depending on your internet connection.

thats what it was…. VOD that wasn't on demand.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

thats what it was…. VOD that wasn't on demand.

The only ones that a truely on demand are those that have the green checkmark on them. Those have already been downloaded to the reserved section of your DVR harddrive and can be played instantly. All others need to be downloaded and if they are 1080p, it will be a bit before enough is buffered before you can start watching without interruption.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...