Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 Not Playing HR22 Shows Whole Home

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rubble3

rubble3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

I have an issue with the new "upgrade" software that is not allowing me to play shows recorded on my HR22-100 on either of my HR24-100 DVR's. I can see the shows (but they have a red circle with a slash through them to the left on the list). When I try to play a show recorded on the HR22 from the HR24, I get an error that says "This show can't be played right now because too many programs are being watched from Playlist:loft". (NOTE: There are no shows being played from that DVR on any other TV)

I just talked with a CS rep and he rebooted all my DVR's in hope that it would fix the problem. It did not. I still get the same error. He wants to send a tech out at my expense for $49 to fix the problem... a problem I didn't have prior to the software "upgrade".

The shows play fine going from HR24 to HR24 and HR24 to HR22. I just can't play any of the shows recorded on the HR22 from the HR24. Shows recorded on the HR22 play on the HR22.

0x57b is the software on the HR22 and both HR24's.

Any suggestions to help me out?

-Greg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Two things you can try. Dont know if it will help or not...

Go into your whole home menu, and make sure sharing is still enabled on the HR22. Might toggle it off and on. Make sure everything is set correctly there, then reboot the HR22 with a menu restart and see if it helps.

If that does not help, try rerunning network setup on the HR22.

Make sure if you are getting IP addresses from your router, that all the DVRs are OUTSIDE the DHCP range if you are using Static IPs. If you are not using static IPs, you might consider trying to use one on the HR22. Seems to help with quirky stuff like that.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   rubble3

rubble3

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Sharing was enabled, but I toggled it off and then on and tested. No luck. I re-ran network setup... no luck. Then after doing both of these, I menu reset the box and when it came back up I have access to those recordings!!!!

Thanks for your help! You just saved me a service call.

-Greg

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

If everything else is correct in your whole home setup(IP's, sharing, etc.) reboots usually do the trick. Always restart via the menu when you can.

spam firewall