Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

American Horror Story Season Finale

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnck78

johnck78

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

I thought it was pretty good.

Also saw this today
Spoiler

Full Diagram of My Setup

Be a DBSTalk Club Member for $15 Support DBSTalk.com

Twitter: @JohnCK78

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I loved the very end with the toddler in the rocking chair smiling the way he was, it was kinda cute. I just wonder does he have super strength to be able to kill the nanny and drag her body across the floor, or did he have help from his father Tate. The fact that the show will not be in the Murder House is going to leave me with that Nagging question....

#3 OFFLINE   brian188

brian188

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Spoiler

#4 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,664 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

No need to use spoilers after Post 1 if we're only discussing what has already happened on American Horror Story Season 1... :)

Tate DID leave the house - he and Violet went to the beach, where they were confronted by the high school students Tate shot. They never went back to explain this...

... or explain why the dead had scars from how they died, but Tate being shot by the police never seemed to have scars, or Moira being shot in the head didn't leave scars (yet Nora had them, the slash victims had them, the fire victims had them, etc.)...

... or explain why Moira aged but no other spirit aged.

I also need to figure out who the three bodies on the stairs were when Ben was being hanged. At first it was Hayden and some guy with cuts on his face (I didn't recognize him) but after Ben started spinning and the camera panned away we saw a third person at the left. Was it Vivian? Why didn't she try to stop Hayden?

It was an OK ending but I don't feel completely satisfied.

#5 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

No need to use spoilers after Post 1 if we're only discussing what has already happened on American Horror Story Season 1... :)

Tate DID leave the house - he and Violet went to the beach, where they were confronted by the high school students Tate shot. They never went back to explain this...

I also thought about their beach excursion, and when Moria went to visit her mother but that was on Halloween night, they did not go into it but that is supposed to be the night the dead can roam the earth...

I am pretty sure the guy who helped hang Ben was Travis Constance's boy friend whom got killed in the house.

Not sure who else was on the staircase and I already deleted the episodes.

Of the spirits that we know live in the house:

Tate
Moira
Hugo Langdon.
Hayden
Travis
Charles Montgomery
Nora Montgomery
The Redheaded Twins
Larry's Family
Beauregard
Chad & Patrick
The Dead Nurses.
The Murder Reenact ors
The Black Dahlia
The 2 red headed kids

So take a pick, That list is going from memory so I apologize for any omissions, oh and of course there is Ben Vivian and Violet.

#6 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

In the Halloween episode they talked about how it was the only night they were allowed to leave the property.

For the stairs, I thought it was the gay couple. They seemed to team up Hayden the most during the show. Tate and the blonde guy got in a fight when Tate stole his watch, but I can't remember if he cut his face during the fight. That or it could have been the cuts from when Tate killed him the first time. They seem to go back and forth a lot with the ghosts and whether they have their wounds or not. Remember in the episode 3 or 4 back where the maid and the actress were trying to get Ben to join them on the couch? The actress was famous because she was cut up into pieces and had that sliced smile on her face. But in that scene, she looked normal.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#7 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,664 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

I can't remember if it was Halloween when Tate and Violet went to the beach but that would be plausible if it was that day, as I do distinctly recall that's the day Moira and the gay couple left the house.

It's interesting that there were two factions of spirits at the end: the malevolent and the "good", with the Harmons being joined by Moira, Larry's wife, the nurses, the exterminator, and the actress to oppose Hayden and the gay couple. Travis wasn't anywhere to be seen, nor were the redhead kids, during the Beeteljuice "scare tactics" scene, so no idea where they would align, but I think Travis would be with the Harmons.

Still not sure I'm satisfied with the ending, especially after what I heard about season 2:

Spoiler

#8 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,532 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Was it Vivian? Why didn't she try to stop Hayden?

I thought it was Vivian too, and I agree on both counts.

Spoiler

/steve

#9 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

... or explain why the dead had scars from how they died, but Tate being shot by the police never seemed to have scars, or Moira being shot in the head didn't leave scars (yet Nora had them, the slash victims had them, the fire victims had them, etc.)...

I also need to figure out who the three bodies on the stairs were when Ben was being hanged. At first it was Hayden and some guy with cuts on his face (I didn't recognize him) but after Ben started spinning and the camera panned away we saw a third person at the left. Was it Vivian? Why didn't she try to stop Hayden?

The spirits can leave the house on Halloween as stated already. That is when Tate took Violet to the beach.

All the spirits do have the scars of their death. The Black Dahlia died from the gas she had been given. She was cut up (and in half) afterwards. Tate was shot in the chest and to my recollection we never saw him with his shirt off. Moira does have a scar. Ever notice her screwed up eye? Constance shot her straight through it. As for her being aged, people are allowed to see her for the person she really is if they don't see her as a sexual object.

As for the people helping Hayden on the stairs, the man and woman are the home invasion people who came to re-enact the murder of the nurses.

As for the finale... I thought it as good. It definitely went a different way than I thought it would. I liked the jump to 3 years later and you see that the baby Constance stole really is Tate's son as he is a psychopath, too.

I will definitely being watching next season.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#10 OFFLINE   brian188

brian188

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

Tate left on Halloween. That was explained. He did not help (nor did anyone else from "the house" help) the boy kill the babysitter.

Tate was not shot in the face. I don't remember seeing him naked. So from what I remember no scars are visible.

Moria was shot in the eye, only scar is the blind eye. Why she aged and no one else did is beyond me...

Yes I would have liked a little better explanation on the hanging. I know I kept asking way doesn't Vivian and/or Violet help.

Edited by brian188, 27 December 2011 - 03:58 AM.
clarity

#11 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

Yes I would have liked a little better explanation on the hanging. I know I kept asking way doesn't Vivian and/or Violet help.

My thinking was that they had said good-bye to him so they had left so to speak. They didn't realize that he had been hanged till afterwards.

- Merg

#12 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,056 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

We recorded the entire season and watched most of it over the last two weeks and that turned out great. I love when a story line is wrapped up and can't wait for the new season. When we got to the forth or fifth episode when they started to tell more of the story I would say every episode was better than the previous one all the way to the end.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#13 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

We recorded the entire season and watched most of it over the last two weeks and that turned out great. I love when a story line is wrapped up and can't wait for the new season. When we got to the forth or fifth episode when they started to tell more of the story I would say every episode was better than the previous one all the way to the end.

I would definitely agree with that.

- Merg

#14 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

I can't remember if it was Halloween when Tate and Violet went to the beach but that would be plausible if it was that day, as I do distinctly recall that's the day Moira and the gay couple left the house.

It was Halloween when Violet and Tate went to the beach.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#15 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

The spirits can leave the house on Halloween as stated already. That is when Tate took Violet to the beach.

It was Halloween when Violet and Tate went to the beach.

Already answered. :)

- Merg

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Already answered. :)

- Merg

I don't read an entire thread before responding. I respond as I go.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,056 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Another thing that I really appreciated about this show is it didn't seem to suffer from what I call the Ryan Seacrest/American Idol syndrome, there were no real cliff hangers at each commercial or even from epsiode to episode. Another show that seems to make it without doing that is Survivor. If you ask me a show that is done well enough doesn't need the cliff hangers, people will watch it anyway.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

spam firewall