Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 Remote Control Freaked Out

long-range

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cames

cames

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

I came home last night to freaked out kids because the 922 remote had freaked out. Pressing the Dish control button causes the light to start blinking rapidly and the remote to cease functioning properly. Pressing the Aux button, mapped to my home theater box, caused it to start blinking and the volume to get turned all the way up. We took the batteries out, replaced them, repeated, and still have the same thing. Is the remote fried? I've got a couple older remotes hanging around, such as one from our old 622 box. Can I use one of those?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Try using the front panel on your 922 to go to the System info menu and unlink your remote... Then relink it.

Also worth looking in your settings menu at the remote settings to see if that has become corrupt somehow.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   cames

cames

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Thank you, I'll give that a shot.

The install tech programmed it for me, is there a way to get the TV, DVD, etc, codes out of the remote?

#4 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

The install tech programmed it for me, is there a way to get the TV, DVD, etc, codes out of the remote?

The 922 uses different remote codes than remotes like the 6.3, but you can view them in menu-system setup-remote

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

You're welcome... As MattG posted, you can clear all of the aux, DVD, etc codes from the setup remote menu and then reprogram it again from there.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...