Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dead hdmi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tangsoo

tangsoo

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Just started reading this site, this may have been addressed already so if it has I apologize.

New install, all new cable. SWM 3 dish going to a 1x4. HR24, H25, and broadband deca. Power supply is on the HR24. H25 worked for a few weeks via hdmi. One day the h25 was unplugged and reverted back to stand. Def. the very second that it was changed from 480 to 720p or 1080i ( I don't know which) picture died and would no longer work. I Ended up using a component adapter to get hd picture on that tv.

Funny thing was that I brought the hr 24 to test it on that tv thinking I had either a bad hdmi port on the tv or h25. I could get the hr24 to work via hdmi but not component and on the flipside I could get the h25 to show picture with component adapter but not hdmi. Any thoughts?

Merry Christmas!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Either you have a very odd combination of problems, or there's something else going on.

Is it possible that your TV does not accept 480p as a signal choice and your receivers are trying to output 480p? That was my first thought.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,806 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Worth checking on the H25. Go into Menu, go to display and find the TV Resolutions settings. Be sure the 720p, 1080i and if your TV supports it, 1080p is checked,

I had a reboot on an HR24 not too long ago and everything got turned off except 480p.

Update:
Just realized I don't know which UI you have as it depends where you are and your location isn't cited.
The settings may be in HDTV in the menu vs Display.

Edited by NR4P, 23 December 2011 - 09:27 PM.

spam firewall