Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hr21-100 problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temoryian

Temoryian

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

My hr21-100 keeps freezing up. It started three days ago. I have another hr21-100 and an h21-100 and those are both working fine. I have whole home dvr and went to watch something in another room and noticed I couldn't see anything on the troubled box. I then went to the troubled box and it was unresponsive. I reset it and i thought that fixed it but over the last two nights the box keeps freezing up. Sometimes the screen will freeze and then start working again. Other times I get a signal strength error message (771 or 772 I believe). Sometimes even when the picture is not freezing I will get the error message. The times between freezes seems to be getting worse. All cables appear to be connected fully and nothing has been moved recently. Is there something I should do or is it the box? If its the box will directv replace with the same box or would it be an hr24? Thanks for any help. Merry Christmas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

My hr21-100 keeps freezing up. It started three days ago. I have another hr21-100 and an h21-100 and those are both working fine. I have whole home dvr and went to watch something in another room and noticed I couldn't see anything on the troubled box. I then went to the troubled box and it was unresponsive. I reset it and i thought that fixed it but over the last two nights the box keeps freezing up. Sometimes the screen will freeze and then start working again. Other times I get a signal strength error message (771 or 772 I believe). Sometimes even when the picture is not freezing I will get the error message. The times between freezes seems to be getting worse. All cables appear to be connected fully and nothing has been moved recently. Is there something I should do or is it the box? If its the box will directv replace with the same box or would it be an hr24? Thanks for any help. Merry Christmas.

First thing to check is your signal strength. You could be dealing with a connector or cable issue. A quick test is to swap the receiver to another location and see if the problem follows the receiver or if it stays in the same place with a different receiver. It could also be a dish alignment and a connector issue making this receiver more susceptible. I would check your signal strengths on the other receivers as well.

As far as a replacement you'll get whatever they ship out. If you're wanting a specific model number you would need to order it through a retailer. If a receiver is replaced by a technical problem by a service call or ERP order there is not an agreement and you only have to pay the $19.95 if you don't have the protection plan.

#3 OFFLINE   Temoryian

Temoryian

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for responding. Just wanted to let you know that after the third night of freezing all of a sudden I'm not having any problems. It's been 36 hours and all is well. If it happens again I'll try switching receivers as suggested. I ran the system self check and it came back fine too. It showed that I hadn't had any recent software update so that wasn't causing it. I have been reading these forums and it sounds like the hr21's are having all kinds of issues. I'll keep using this one till it dies. Thanks again.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

IMO you will continue to read about increasing issues with HR21's due to their age, its about time for the HDD failure rate to go up based on age and usage.

spam firewall