Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is there a way to remove those ridiculous bottom banners on the channels?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

And watching Netflix is blissfully free of this crap!

How much HD content is available on netflix though?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

How much HD content is available on netflix though?

A lot. I'm sure it is not Blu-ray, but it is good enough. Besides, content is king.

#23 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

A lot. I'm sure it is not Blu-ray, but it is good enough. Besides, content is king.

You can have a whole lot of crap, but it is still crap. SD looks like crap on my TV

#24 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

You can have a whole lot of crap, but it is still crap. SD looks like crap on my TV

I take it you watch OTA and Blu-ray only then?

#25 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

I watch dish HD, blu-ray and as a last resort dish SD channels but it looks horrid. I can occasionally find dvd's that don't look too bad but even a lot of those look bad on a big hdtv. I have tried some of the moviepass HD streaming options and they are OK but definitely not as good as blu-ray(or even as good as some of the HD channels).

#26 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

With Movie Pass, you will have both HD and SD content available. I prefer watching HD and I usually will bypass any SD content. I have a 47" LED TV with my TV settings optimize to give me the best possible picture. Some SD content does look bad. Thanks.

I watch dish HD, blu-ray and as a last resort dish SD channels but it looks horrid. I can occasionally find dvd's that don't look too bad but even a lot of those look bad on a big hdtv. I have tried some of the moviepass HD streaming options and they are OK but definitely not as good as blu-ray(or even as good as some of the HD channels).

#27 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

I have had issues getting the HD moviepass content to stream with my 2Mbs DSL connection. I think the issue is with the 722 as I have to reset my router and then reset my dish broadband connection at least once sometimes more to get the movies to download. I have had no picture quality issues with the HD movies I have gotten to stream but just getting them is a pain in the butt. On my 60" tv SD material looks horrible so I try to avoid it like the plague.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...