Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Adding Sirius XM to 2005 Grand Caravan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rlavinder

rlavinder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

I am looking to add a plug and play Sirius XM radio to my van. We are currently using the wireless fm connection. When we do this we still notice static and have to keep changing station to keep from this. I would like to make this hard wired so we don't have the static. I am looking at either finding a way to add a aux imput or adding fm modulator to do this. However we have the nav radio (RB1) along with rear dvd for our son. I don't want to change having the ability of using the nav and keep our son listening to movies via wireless headphone while we listen to the xm. What is the easiest way of doing this? Also I would like to know if I can add the xm to my vehicle radio instead if this is an option since the book to my vehicle says some radios have this opition.
rlavinder
Directv subscriber since 8/2010
HR24-500 Family Room & Living Room
HR24-100 in Master Bedroom H24 in son's room

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

They have a power wire adapter available now that sends the signal through the 12V power instead of using the clip on to the vehicle antenna. Works much better, but still will get interference if its on the same frequency as a local station.

Without replacing the in-dash radio with one that has an XM adapter, or one with an AUX input, I dont know of any way around having to switch frequencies as you drive.

Now if you NEVER listen to the actual FM radio, and are using a power line adapter, you can unplug the antenna from the radio and all you will get is XM through the power line.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   rlavinder

rlavinder

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

We mostly use the xm. Do you have a link to this power line adapter so I can see? That sounds like it might work.
rlavinder
Directv subscriber since 8/2010
HR24-500 Family Room & Living Room
HR24-100 in Master Bedroom H24 in son's room

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=9530206

If that doesnt work, just google "XM PowerConnect"

Just make sure your radio is compatible. There are different models for different radios.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall