Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Messed up service call

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

I have been having a lot of problems with my H25-100 re-booting and sometimes displaying a blank white screen. The re-boots come in the middle of the night and happen from 3-5 times a week. I callled tHe CSR and explained all of this to them and they said they had to roll a truck and have someone come out and check the dish alignment. and possibly replace the receiver.

The tech arrived on time and the first thing he did was check signal strength. Signal strength was good ( I could have told him that). I told him the H25 was the only one of my 6 receivers that had the problem. He said he didn't have one on the truck (I could have an H21, NOT) or he would have to go to the office and see if they had one there as none of the other trucks had one either. If the office didn't have one he would have to get one from Scottsdale and come back tomorrow. This is not be a big problem for myself, but because of lack of planning, he will be wasting at least two to three hous of time that could be put to better use. I'm not sure why the CSR didn't put in the notes for the service call that an H25 might need to be swapped out and he could have either had one on the truck or rescheduled the call for a latter time when he had one avaialble. This is just another example of the inefficienceies of the DTV CSR/installer/repair process.

Ok, enough complaining for now. Now I can wait for the UPS man to deliver my 2 new HR34s soemtine today (on the truck , out for delivery). If this tech has to come back tomorrow, boy will he be surprised when he sees the HR34, right next to the H25 he has to replace. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

...I told him the H25 was the only one of my 6 receivers that had the problem. He said he didn't have one on the truck (I could have an H21, NOT) or he would have to go to the office and see if they had one there as none of the other trucks had one either. If the office didn't have one he would have to get one from Scottsdale and come back tomorrow. This is not be a big problem for myself, but because of lack of planning, he will be wasting at least two to three hous of time that could be put to better use. I'm not sure why the CSR didn't put in the notes for the service call that an H25 might need to be swapped out and he could have either had one on the truck or rescheduled the call for a latter time when he had one avaialble. This is just another example of the inefficienceies of the DTV CSR/installer/repair process.

Or you could have just accepted the H21 he offered you without being picky and feeling you're entitled to a H25, thus further wasting everyone else's time.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

Or you could have just accepted the H21 he offered you without being picky and feeling you're entitled to a H25, thus further wasting everyone else's time.

The H25 that is being replaced is an owned unit, that I would like to sell in the near future. Accepting an H21 is not a option in this case.

#4 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

The H25 that is being replaced is an owned unit, that I would like to sell in the near future. Accepting an H21 is not a option in this case.

Ahh, well that's a bit different. I thought owned models are replaced with like models. Not sure.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

Ahh, well that's a bit different. I thought owned models are replaced with like models. Not sure.

That would be with the PP.
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

I've been reading and I know that it has been said many times here in this forum, that the HR24's are being treated as special and would be replaced like for like.

Since one of the 'features' of the H25 is it's tiny footprint, I would think that would be the case with them too.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#7 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

That would be with the PP.

Yes, i do have the PP

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Yes, i do have the PP

So I guess the next question might be: was this service call run through the PP group?
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

So I guess the next question might be: was this service call run through the PP group?

Yes it was.:)

#10 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

The tech returned about 2 hrs latter with an H25. He installed it with no problems on the technical side. He wanted me to sign and commit to a new 2 year contract. I informed him this was a protection plan replacemet and he was ok with that.

After he left, I called the CSR to verify it was an owned receiver and they said it was now a lease. I asked for the access card group, but got a front line CSR instead. She insisted that any replaced receiver now becomes a lease, protection plan or not. I politely disputed her claims and she then transferred me to the access card group. I explaind the issue to the new CSR and she said that ownned is replaced with owned if you have the PP. She then made the change to the lease/owned status and everything is now correct. I told her that someone needs to train the other CSRs better. She said they have the training and the info in front of them, but it just doesn't register.

It is really sad that those of us here on DBSForum, actually know the system betterr than most of DTV CSRs. Not surprising, but sad.:(

Protected By... spam firewall...And...