Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Speed after new guide

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   westview

westview

Mentor

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

I know my guide should be faster after the new download. I have the HR 23 and it is very slow. Will the new software make changing channels any faster? Why can't Directv fix the slowness problem? My daughter has Dish and it is very fast./

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,374 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

I know my guide should be faster after the new download. I have the HR 23 and it is very slow. Will the new software make changing channels any faster? Why can't Directv fix the slowness problem? My daughter has Dish and it is very fast./

Not sure how long you've had the new GUI, but it does take a day or two to settle down, as it needs to download a lot of stuff, since this is a major reworking of the software.
Now the HR23 has the slowest CPU, so it will never be as fast as say the HR24, which will knock the socks off most of the Dish hardware, with this new GUI.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

With the HR24 and the new HDGUI, once in the guide and responding to the remote for channel changes are quicker. But most other things are really a tad slower, imo. But on the HR24, that isn't as big a deal as it might be on other models.

But even with the HDGUI, there are 'pauses' I guess is the best description.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

spam firewall