Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

211K to 722K change

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   audiomaster

audiomaster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Neighbor widow lady has 2- 211Ks on 2 tvs and Time Warner cable on four others. Has top 200 at $59.00 plus HDsolo rcvr at $7.00 plus $6 protection/
I want her to convert to one 722k driving a HDMI splitter to all 6 tvs. She only needs one program showing at once on all tvs. But wants DVR to work with all.
Questions;
How many coaxes will she need from the dish to the 722K receiver?
Will she have to buy the 722 or will they swap for the 211s? Will she get consideration for going all Dish instead of Dish/cable
How will this affect her Dish bill? I assume she will have to pay a DVR fee?
She is paying 59.99 plus $7 rcvr fee and $6 protection plan now.
And she will need 6 UHF remotes?
I assume I can control the HDMI out on the 722 with the UHF remote?
Any recommendations on an HDMI splitter? TVs are a mix of brands, Panasonic, Sansung, LG
Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Neighbor widow lady has 2- 211Ks on 2 tvs and Time Warner cable on four others. Has top 200 at $59.00 plus HDsolo rcvr at $7.00 plus $6 protection/
I want her to convert to one 722k driving a HDMI splitter to all 6 tvs. She only needs one program showing at once on all tvs. But wants DVR to work with all. ,

If you are making long cable HDMI runs, you may need to use some sort of amplifier or something that converts the HDMI to use cat5 cable. I'm sure there is someone on here that knows more about HDMI that can go into further detail.

How many coaxes will she need from the dish to the 722K receiver?

One using a DishPro Plus separator

Will she have to buy the 722 or will they swap for the 211s? Will she get consideration for going all Dish instead of Dish/cable

They may give her the 722 for free with a 2 year commitment. How long has she been a customer?

How will this affect her Dish bill? I assume she will have to pay a DVR fee?
She is paying 59.99 plus $7 rcvr fee and $6 protection plan now.

She would save the $7 rcvr fee and would add a $6 DVR fee so her bill would go down $1.

And she will need 6 UHF remotes? I assume I can control the HDMI out on the 722 with the UHF remote?

Yes, but she would have to buy them. You can usually find them on eBay or solidsignal.com. Just make sure they all have the DVR buttons.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

The new receiver will come with an IR remote use in the room where the receiver is and a UHF remote, so she would need 4 more.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I agree with both of the above responses. Unfortunately, I do not know of an HDMI splitter that would work. The cost of the upgrade depends on her account, but changing out 2 211's to a 722k would be a decrease of $1 per month as jsk mentioned.

If you want to PM her phone number or account number, I can get you more details

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

spam firewall