Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recent Receiver SW Upgrade Reset Remote Codes In Receiver

tivo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bretman

Bretman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

The major recent software upgrade that improved the user guide interface has apparently resulted in changing the remote control codes on one receiver to match another receiver situated nearby. Previously, they had their own unique remote code. Apparently, the codes have both been reset to '00001' on both receivers and now both remotes turn on/off both receivers.

I have two HD DVRs sitting side by side and connected to different inputs of my living room TV. I did this so that I could watch Picture in Picture because my TV has this and also to add more recording capability. I originally had an HR20/700, installed in Sep. 2007 and I added an HR24/200 in July 2011. When the tech installed the second HD DVR (HR24) in July, he set up the remotes to work with different receivers. So, I had one receiver controlled by one remote and the other receiver controlled by another remote. No problems.

I have other receivers in other rooms and Whole-Home DVR. No problems there.

The problem with the code change began after the software version 0x57b update on 12/20/2011 at 1:24AM. It was after this update that the codes apparently became synchronized.

I spoke the DirecTV tech support this morning and they told me to try programming codes '00002' thru '00008' into the remote to see if I could get the HR20 or HR24 to recognize a different code. This did not work. Both receivers will only recognize the '00001' code. The code likely needs to be changed in one of the receivers first, and then one of the remotes reprogrammed to match, in order to get back to independently using each receiver via a different remote.

I am using an RC65 remote for the HR20 and an RC65RX remote for the HR24.

I asked Tech Support if reauthorizing the receiver over the internet from here might help and they told me that it would likely only reload the same info and code to the receiver. They told me that they haven't seen this problem yet and they have no solution for me.

Interestingly, the software update did not wipe out my TV code as this still works on both remotes.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get a unique remote code into at least one of the receivers in question so that I can program a unique remote for each HRxx ??

Thanks in advance for anyone's help...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

You could try using the buttons on the front panel of one of the HR2x's to access the remote control programming menu.

:)

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,649 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Odd, I have in on 00001 and one on 00003, wasn't affected by the update.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone have any ideas how to get a unique remote code into at least one of the receivers in question so that I can program a unique remote for each HRxx ??

Take a towel and put it over the front of the unit you want to remain 00001 then reprogram the other back to whichever code you were using before. During the steps to reprogram the remote where it has you do the mute/select enter 0000X just flip your slider to AV1, or whatever you used for the second DVR, to confirm you've changed the code.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

I've got 3 dvrs and none were affected in this way. My parents have 2 and they were not affected either. Are you sure you have the cause and effect correct or just a coincidence?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tivo

spam firewall