Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Programming the RC70X remote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CurtP

CurtP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

I was finally able to get my hands on the RC70X remote, but I can't get it to work through my Samsung 6400 series TV. The remote came in a padded envelope with a flyer that shows what all the buttons do, but no documentation. TV has been updated to version 1025.0. RVU is working fine, I can use the Samsung TV, but I'd really like to regain the skip forward/back functionality that is missing from the TV's remote.

We've tried the normal programming procedures (select/mute), but it never gives us any indication that I can program it. The flyer that came with it says to call 800.531.5000, and they know nothing about it. The techs who were out at the house were at a loss and they couldn't get in touch with anyone who knew anything about it either. Interestingly enough, when the tech turned off RF, it would control the TV that was directly connected to the receiver.

I was under the impression that I would be able to take it out of the box and it would work with any RVU client. Am I misunderstanding this remote's functionality?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I was finally able to get my hands on the RC70X remote, but I can't get it to work through my Samsung 6400 series TV. The remote came in a padded envelope with a flyer that shows what all the buttons do, but no documentation. TV has been updated to version 1025.0. RVU is working fine, I can use the Samsung TV, but I'd really like to regain the skip forward/back functionality that is missing from the TV's remote.

We've tried the normal programming procedures (select/mute), but it never gives us any indication that I can program it. The flyer that came with it says to call 800.531.5000, and they know nothing about it. The techs who were out at the house were at a loss and they couldn't get in touch with anyone who knew anything about it either. Interestingly enough, when the tech turned off RF, it would control the TV that was directly connected to the receiver.

I was under the impression that I would be able to take it out of the box and it would work with any RVU client. Am I misunderstanding this remote's functionality?

When you call DTV , ask for case management. They are the group that is supposed to be handlng HR34 issues.

Edited by azarby, 28 December 2011 - 09:47 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...