Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Add HR-22 with existing HR-24

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chevyman142000

chevyman142000

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hey- I currently have an HR-24 that I use on my main tv. After disconnecting service a few years ago, I still have an HR-22 in my posesion that DirecTv did not want back. I was wondering if there was any way to setup this box to work in my bedroom? I'm not sure of what all the new technologies are, but I wanted to see what my options were. The cheaper the better...I'm hoping for free, but will take suggestions!

Thanks!
Jeff

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Call them with the Receiver ID (RID) number and the access card dept can tell you if it is able to be activated. If so, it will be an extra $6 a month.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   chevyman142000

chevyman142000

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

That's awesome! I didn't know it would be that cheap. I will need to figure out how to get that wired in though I'm guessing. I remember that when I was using stb, it had 2 cables going to it when my newer HR-24 only has one cable going to it. Any suggestions on that?

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

That's awesome! I didn't know it would be that cheap. I will need to figure out how to get that wired in though I'm guessing. I remember that when I was using stb, it had 2 cables going to it when my newer HR-24 only has one cable going to it. Any suggestions on that?

If you only have one cable for your HR24, you should have a power inserter somewhere between the HR24 and the LNB on the dish. Just hook a splitter (Directv green label) between the HR24 and the power inserter, or if more convenient, between the power inserter and the LNB (using the RED ports on the splitter). After doing that, just run another coax from the splitter to the HR22, rerun satellite setup and choose SLIMLINE/SWM and you should be good to go.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall