Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Green Label splitter Question.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

This is the limit of the Phy level loss.
Above this the Phy mesh rates start dropping.

An AOL phrase search for web pages containing the term "Phy level loss" located only one. It was buried in the resume of an Indian Professor of compuer science named Mukul Goyal. https://pantherfile....public/bio.html

Searching for "Phy mesh rates" was more fruitful. There were two such pages found on the web. One was on DirecTV's own user forum and was posted back on August 8, 2010 by a tafiche, which is, or was, also the screen name of an infrequent contributor to this forum, but he (or she) hasn't posted here since August 11, 2010. http://forums.direct...postID=10735485

The only other internet page located by the AOL search containing that term was here, and authored by... VOS. http://www.dbstalk.c...p/t-201667.html

Several years ago, I remember searching out some arcane technical info and was initially pleased to see that my search had found over a dozen pages containing the search phrase, but was dismayed to then observe that nearly all of them were comments that I, myself, had authored. In fact one of the few that I didn't directly author, posted on a forum I had never previously visited, cited me as the source of its wisdom, saying something like, "and that's from AntAltMike, who I'm sure you all recognize."

Edited by AntAltMike, 24 May 2012 - 10:50 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

An AOL phrase search for web pages containing the term "Phy level loss" located only one. It was buried in the resume of an Indian Professor of compuer science named Mukul Goyal.

Searching for "Phy mesh rates" was more fruitful. There were two such pages found on the web. One was on DirecTV's own user forum and was posted back on August 8, 2010 by a tafiche, which is, or was, also the screen name of an infrequent contributor to this forum, but he (or she) hasn't posted here since August 11, 2010.

The only other internet page located by the AOL search containing that term was here, and authored by... VOS.

Not sure of your point or question here, "but" the receivers that do measure the DECA coax networking use those terms.
The DECA output is in the range of 0 dBm.
The dynamic range is about 45 dB.
When the loss is higher, the mesh drops, which reduces the network performance [bit rates].
Receivers that find mesh rates below 220, will report system test errors of reduced network performance between MAC addresses.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Several years ago...

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but you'll need to limit the DECA signals. With MDUs, they use bandstop filters at the POE, to keep the DECA within the unit. It's not intended for a wide range networking application.
If you're adding other signals into the feed, you'll need to keep them out of the 475-625 MHz band, and filter out the DECA from interacting with them, as it's a fairly high level signal.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...