Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Setup Help for 2 HR2x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   totoros

totoros

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

My friend had MRV working fine connected over coax with his HR24 and H24 and it was hooked up to his Internet via DECA. He has since then switched his H24 for a HR23 and now the receivers don't see each other but both say they are authorized for MRV.

I realized his HR23 needed a DECA so as a test, we took out the DECA connected to his Internet and put it on the HR23 to see if the receivers would still see each other but they still didn't. Is there something I am missing?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

My friend had MRV working fine connected over coax with his HR24 and H24 and it was hooked up to his Internet via DECA. He has since then switched his H24 for a HR23 and now the receivers don't see each other but both say they are authorized for MRV.

I realized his HR23 needed a DECA so as a test, we took out the DECA connected to his Internet and put it on the HR23 to see if the receivers would still see each other but they still didn't. Is there something I am missing?

"Yeah", the HR23 does need a DECA, but when you used the BB DECA on it, you lost the router connection and so lost the IP control. You needed to reset networking defaults and have rebooted each receiver for them to shift over to their internal IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   totoros

totoros

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

thanks. since he still wants to access dod, will dtv send him a deca for free or will he have to pay for one? If so, how much?

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

thanks. since he still wants to access dod, will dtv send him a deca for free or will he have to pay for one? If so, how much?

If DirecTV sent him the HR23, then they should have also sent a white DECA for it.
If DirecTV didn't send it, I'd still call and ask them for one.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...