Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV not showing all boxes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

I have 5 boxes in my house, 4 of them show the other 4 boxes for MRV. My new HR34 only shows 1 box, leaving out 3 others. I don't understand if all the boxes are connected and are showing on 4 of them, why aren't they all showing on my new installed box? All boxes are activated and play lists are shared. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Jim

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

I have 5 boxes in my house, 4 of them show the other 4 boxes for MRV. My new HR34 only shows 1 box, leaving out 3 others. I don't understand if all the boxes are connected and are showing on 4 of them, why aren't they all showing on my new installed box? All boxes are activated and play lists are shared. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Jim

Have you tried rebooting the HR34? I had a problem recently where the HR34 would see all the systems in my home but 1. A reset of the HR34 fixed the problem.

Also, you might want to confirm your network settings? Are you using static or DHCP for the network address? I had a few issues in my environment when I used DHCP on the HR34..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Did this start at the same time as the problem with your nomad or after you fixed the nomad problem? "Nomad not working" thread

#4 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

Did this start at the same time as the problem with your nomad or after you fixed the nomad problem? "Nomad not working" thread

That is a good question. The install was yesterday for the hr34 and whole home so it occurred after that. I will reset and see if that works.

I believe the nomad was disconnected somehow when I called D earlier in the week to schedule service. Fortunately, that works fine now.

Jim

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Jim

What receivers do you have? How are the they broken up on the SWiM-16?
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

Protected By... spam firewall...And...