Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15 Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pocolocobob

pocolocobob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

OK, I've read a few threads and haven't (yet) found a solution to my problem. This receiver is on my desk and is outputting to an eyeTV module that is connected to my iMac. It allows me to watch D*TV in a window in my mac's screen. Been terrific but my desk has been cluttered lately as I am recovering from surgery and not as mobile as I'd like to be. Anyway, the receiver was working fine 2-3 days ago, and I came down yesterday and saw a "no signal" screen although nothings changed.

I tried pulling the power plug and re-inserting and I get the Hello message & blue screen, and then it goes black and the no signal screen pops up and the REC led goes on. I seldom if ever use the DVR in this receiver as if I wanted to record, the eyeTV has its own setup and it goes directly to my mac's HDD.

So I'm wondering how I can reset the system so I can get it working again. Its possible something was on the remote and its been recording for a day or more (maybe?). There's nothing on the internal D*TV drive that I need so I'd even be happy reformatting it if that's the solution. I pressed the Format button on the remote but nothing changes, and in fact... nothing happens when I press any button on the remote or on the front panel of the R15. I also tried resetting the system via the button behind the door... NADA. The REC light goes out for a second and pops back on.

Can anyone offer me some tips on some kind of hard reset or whatever is needed to reboot the device properly?

Bob

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

No signal message or blank screen on TV and orange record light on or flashing on the R15 is a classic symptom of power supply failure.

You'll have to call DirecTV for a replacement unit. If it is a leased unit, there will be a $20 S & H charge. If it is an owned unit, you may have to pay for a replacement which then becomes a lease. If you have the protection plan, there is no charge no matter if it is leased or owned.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 OFFLINE   WalkGood

WalkGood

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

I just found I have the same problem with my R15 (100 hr DVR). I own this box, it is not leased.

If it is a power supply failure, will a power supply replacement (or repair) solve teh problem?

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,863 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

If it is a power supply problem, repairing or replacing the power supply should fix the problem. If it is a hard drive problem, you can replace the hard drive but you won't retain any recordings.

spam firewall