Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My H21-200 won't upgrade to the new HD GUI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hanzilla

Hanzilla

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

I just received another box for my house yesterday. (Not too happy they sent an H21, but that's another issue). I updated the software yesterday and even got a mail that said to enjoy the new interface. It still shows the same blue UI. My other two receivers (H24 and HR24) have the new UI. It says the current software is 44c5. What should I do? or is this normal? I live in Birmingham, AL.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

You'll need to wait at least until next week before the new software is available again.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Until the new HDGUI becomes the only GUI, the SDGUI will be in the stream during most waking hours. Your replacement receiver should get upgraded in the wee hours some night next week.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   Hanzilla

Hanzilla

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Ok thanks guys.

#5 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

I just received another box for my house yesterday. (Not too happy they sent an H21, but that's another issue). I updated the software yesterday and even got a mail that said to enjoy the new interface. It still shows the same blue UI. My other two receivers (H24 and HR24) have the new UI. It says the current software is 44c5. What should I do? or is this normal? I live in Birmingham, AL.

same thing happened to me the day after we got the new GUI, 8 days later the replacement box was upgraded

#6 OFFLINE   Hanzilla

Hanzilla

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'm up late doing some work and boom. Downloaded the update 20 mins ago. Looks great. Thanks for the info. Saved me from calling customer service and probably not getting an answer.

#7 OFFLINE   jayfuel

jayfuel

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hanzilla, do you have the HDgui on your h21-200 now? What software rev do you have?
thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...