Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skipped timers reappear

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

I have a 722K and have noticed that even after I skip a couple of timers they reappear the next day. Some timers are on a Dish Pass and others are set to a specific program / channel.
I usually check my timers once a week, but now I have to check them daily.

Never had this problem with my 625.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KevinRS

KevinRS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

I've had that happen several times lately, I assume it is due to changes in the episode information when the guide updated. The receiver would switch back to recording the episode, because it might have changed to one you want. It is irritating to go through skipping two episodes a day of a show, times 2 resolutions, times 7-9 days, then find within a few days they are back, and back again a few days later, but it could be the fault of the TV station or the guide source.

#3 OFFLINE   beetle02

beetle02

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have the same problem. When the guide updates at night the skipped timers get reset. Mine would also reset a skipped timer that I set it to record anyway. I manually updated the guide and it reset the modified timers. It started with an update a few weeks ago. After several emails to tech support they finally admitted a software problem. I have gone 3 days without any timers getting reset so maybe they fixed it.

#4 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

I have the same problem. When the guide updates at night the skipped timers get reset. Mine would also reset a skipped timer that I set it to record anyway. I manually updated the guide and it reset the modified timers. It started with an update a few weeks ago. After several emails to tech support they finally admitted a software problem. I have gone 3 days without any timers getting reset so maybe they fixed it.

What version are you on?

#5 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Are you still having problems with your timers or has it been resolved? Please let me know. Thanks.

I have a 722K and have noticed that even after I skip a couple of timers they reappear the next day. Some timers are on a Dish Pass and others are set to a specific program / channel.
I usually check my timers once a week, but now I have to check them daily.

Never had this problem with my 625.

Any ideas?

#6 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Are you still having problems with your timers or has it been resolved? Please let me know. Thanks.

I too have been experiencing this, but in a different way. I have had several programs as of late that are showing and recording as "new epiosodes". The Original air date shows as a current date (Bones episode tonite sshows as original air date 1/5/12...however it is an episode that aired last year Nov. 10th to be exact. This happened last night with CSI and an episode from October 5th, 2011. While I have not seen anything "new" pop up since I went through my timer list and skipped all the shows I know where repeats. So I can't say if it is fixed or not, however, I can say that EVERY time I see a "No Information" in the guide data while scrolling though this happens. Right before Christmas I saw this and sure enough the next day I had 23 eisodes of iCarly recorded for the kids becuase they all said they were new episodes.

I don't know if it is a Dish thing or guide data thing but it is getting old having to go through my timer list daily to make sure all programs being recorded are actually new and not repeats with an incorrect original air date.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#7 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

My 722 was set to record new episodes only on a couple of series and it started recording some early 2011 repeats. I just deleted them and it hasn't reoccurred so I assume it was a burp of some sort.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#8 OFFLINE   beetle02

beetle02

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

What version are you on?

L722

#9 OFFLINE   beetle02

beetle02

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

I went for a few days without my modified timers resetting but last night they all reset.

#10 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I too have been experiencing this, but in a different way. I have had several programs as of late that are showing and recording as "new epiosodes". The Original air date shows as a current date (Bones episode tonite sshows as original air date 1/5/12...however it is an episode that aired last year Nov. 10th to be exact. This happened last night with CSI and an episode from October 5th, 2011. While I have not seen anything "new" pop up since I went through my timer list and skipped all the shows I know where repeats. So I can't say if it is fixed or not, however, I can say that EVERY time I see a "No Information" in the guide data while scrolling though this happens. Right before Christmas I saw this and sure enough the next day I had 23 eisodes of iCarly recorded for the kids becuase they all said they were new episodes.

I don't know if it is a Dish thing or guide data thing but it is getting old having to go through my timer list daily to make sure all programs being recorded are actually new and not repeats with an incorrect original air date.

Just noticed that starting at 6:30 PM MT tonight most of my channels on my 722k receiver say no info. I will be willing to bet tomorrow I will have my same problem as described above.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#11 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just noticed that starting at 6:30 PM MT tonight most of my channels on my 722k receiver say no info. I will be willing to bet tomorrow I will have my same problem as described above.

Yup just as I thought after doing a check switch to get guide data back i have 12 timers that are set to be recorded that are shows from last year. The timers are all set to New Episodes.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#12 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Would you PM your receiver number to me so I can submit a trouble report to our engineers? I have not seen other issues of this nature with the 722/722k receivers from other users. Please let me know. Thanks.

Yup just as I thought after doing a check switch to get guide data back i have 12 timers that are set to be recorded that are shows from last year. The timers are all set to New Episodes.

#13 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

I haven't seen it repeat but clearly I would rather have it record shows it shouldn't than miss recording actual new episodes.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#14 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

I haven't seen it repeat but clearly I would rather have it record shows it shouldn't than miss recording actual new episodes.

I agree as well...but it is time (and space) consuming to have to delete all the repeats
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#15 OFFLINE   blufkin

blufkin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

This also happened on our 612 so I had a replacement sent out 10 days ago and the replacement started doing in last night. The tech I talked to last night said that when I notice that I have missed a show to push a guide update. What a fix. I think it is not just a 722 problem after all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...