Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR34 Error 47 (was CCK Weak Connectivity)

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I know this is not specifically on task with this thread but it did arise out of the fix, so I will ask the question.

First, I will say that I do plan to put the 2 way and 4 way splitter back on. Wasn't going to fight with the tech.

He installed the broadband deca into my router and then into my wall. I used to have a receiver in this room. If I decided to put a receiver back in this room, how would I connect the broadband deca. For example, I get a HR24, will i have to have a separate line going to the swim or can i run it off the same line as the bbdeca? The reason I ask is that I dont have an extra line in this room. Is this possible? Is it something I should even consider?

Thanks

Jim

You'll need to use a 2-way splitter between the wall and the receiver & DECA.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

You'll need to use a 2-way splitter between the wall and the receiver & DECA.

Okay so coax in wall to 2 way, then one cable to the receiver and then the other to the broadband deca?

Jim

#123 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Okay so coax in wall to 2 way, then one cable to the receiver and then the other to the broadband deca?

Jim

Yep, and using a smaller splitter back at the SWiM, would mean your levels wouldn't be impacted as much too.
A.K.A VOS

#124 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

On the splitter when the tech was out he said that the wnc 4 way green splitter should not be used. Is this splitter an issue? I bought it from solid signal, it did not say wnc on the picture but that is what I got. Thanks.

#125 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

On the splitter when the tech was out he said that the wnc 4 way green splitter should not be used. Is this splitter an issue? I bought it from solid signal, it did not say wnc on the picture but that is what I got. Thanks.

The tech doesn't seem to know all that much.
If it has a green label, then it's fine. WNC is a second supplier is all.
A.K.A VOS

#126 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

The tech doesn't seem to know all that much.
If it has a green label, then it's fine. WNC is a second supplier is all.

I went ahead and changed teh splitters back today. The first two graphics are with the 8 ways and the second two are with the 2 and 4 ways. You will note that the phy levels on node 0 went from 53 to 36 going to the 2 and 4 way splitters. It looks like the phy levels are better which is good, going from 53 to 35. As I understand anything in the 50's is bad? The mesh levels look pretty similar and seem to be fine.

Can you tell a difference between the two and are the results with the smaller splitters better?

Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo1.jpg
  • Photo2.jpg
  • Photo3.jpg
  • Photo4.jpg

Edited by jimlenz, 15 January 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#127 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

One of the level photos is too blurry to see anything.
What is important are the Mesh and not the levels "until" you have problems with Mesh.
Your Mesh look good.
A.K.A VOS

#128 OFFLINE   jimlenz

jimlenz

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Very good. Now that I look at it, it is blurry. The phy level on node 1 went from 53 to 42 with the change in splitters. All other phy levels show 36 on both pictures.

#129 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Very good. Now that I look at it, it is blurry. The phy level on node 1 went from 53 to 42 with the change in splitters. All other phy levels show 36 on both pictures.

So you gained almost 10 dB more "headroom".
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...